Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

http://sotn.heliohost.org/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help with 1st tower S4R?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kainblox
Amador 1
Amador 1

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2013-03-04

Help with 1st tower S4R? Empty
PostSubject: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Mar 2013, 16:23

I'm trying to shift the 1st tower, and can do it sucessfully, but whenever I try to get out from under the floor (after the 70+ HR dive kick) I end up coming out into the confession room before I ever get vertical movement.

Anybody have any tips/suggestions as to what I should do?
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Mar 2013, 20:36

Start the chain here (80 HR's):

Help with 1st tower S4R? Tercei10

https://castlevania.darkbb.com
Kainblox
Amador 1
Amador 1

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2013-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? Icon_minitimeFri 08 Mar 2013, 04:57

I start it there, and always end up in the right position (under the left doorway), it just never seems to let me into the shiftline. I just tried again with 85 HR's.
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? Icon_minitimeFri 08 Mar 2013, 19:05

Unhold ALL buttons during the effect of the last HR. This tech works ever!

nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

Number of posts : 1181
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Mar 2013, 14:44

I would like to ask a couple of questions too...after trying to read the Google translated
version of the Portuguese S4R (tópico fixo) https://castlevania.darkbb.com/t11-s4r-topico-fixo
and Teoria sobre o S4R https://castlevania.darkbb.com/t86-teoria-sobre-o-s4r

The only part I don't understand is how to go from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzsJXSuobe4
Where Ricardo shows us how to complete the first tower all the way across the map...to
making the S4R infinite, like in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diWs_P1sSAo

Once you hit the side of the screen does the cursor jump down? Like it does in the Saturn version... scratch ...and as of
today is this the record for the most glitched S4R map?

dentynhometal2 wrote:
a porcentagem maxima do jogo sem SG ou GS e de 816.9%, sendo ao todo 7696 rooms abertas

depois vou confirmar com outofthe gema se isso mesmo ou se eu deixei alguma room escapar entre catacumbs RC e IC

Help with 1st tower S4R? Psdx6d14

Help with 1st tower S4R? Psdx6d15

Help with 1st tower S4R? Psdx6d13

Google translation = the maximum percentage of the game without GS or GS and 816.9%, with a total of 7696 rooms open then I will confirm with outofthe gem even if this or if I left some room escape catacumbs between RC and IC

...and lastly, can infinite S4R be done in the reverse castle to pick up the missing areas on the map like in the Saturn version?

Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Mar 2013, 19:16

nathan7878 wrote:
Once you hit the side of the screen does the cursor jump down? Like it does in the Saturn version... ...and as of
today is this the record for the most glitched S4R map?

Yes, it goes down! You need to do several shifts (more than saturn because they are not identical). Keep repeating over and over and you'll go to the next line. The ~800% is the percentage right before the "game-freeze" on psx ver.

nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Mar 2013, 19:28

So there is no way to do infinite S4R in the inverted PSX castle? scratch
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Mar 2013, 20:13

Nope... Mad

nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jun 2013, 02:03

I don't know how I have never seen these video before by Bug, but...question?

Can you S4R Infinitely with this method...seems easier then having go down with 80 HR's in the first tower?

affraid
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jun 2013, 20:54

There are some death tech's that work only on the jap version. I never did it on the us version.

Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jun 2013, 09:33

Its quite possible the death tech sets up the S4R. You can test it to find out. But its mostly japan version only. There is a variant version for US release but only works in some spots coming from outside instead of a doorway. you can do this below and outside the spike hallway by doing a death jump into the small area that leads under the spike hallway. Confusing sorry, hard to explain exactly where. There may be a video of this floating around. but it has the same end effect. you will end up in the tower doorway with the screen shifted .

Once you have the initial S4R done then its just a matter of resetting the tower each time and then backdash+4xHR to move the tower. There is a point though that the game will crash, you cannot get anywhere near what the saturn version can get.

sadly s4r does not work on inverted castle. It will only shift once, a 2nd death tech can force the third tower over once more but is japan version only
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jun 2013, 15:11

That's why I was really curious, I was thinking maybe using this death tech it might be possible to infinite S4R in the Inverted castle. Evil or Very Mad

I will still do some tests...maybe find something new.
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jun 2013, 15:38

its not the tech's that dont work. its the amount of effect they have. the initial shift works fine. just it only shifts 1 cell over. then after that we have not found a way to continue to shift. we have not found a reset or anything. This is probably one of the places that is bound to produce additional rooms. I know personally i did not test this area too heavily (only maybe 20-30hrs).

When we found S4R there was some internal squabbles as to what we would deem "legal" amount of use. This is why we ended up splitting the maps into 2. one for a one map flip and one for a 1 time use of S4R. Its an infinite tech that is abusable similar to sinking.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? Icon_minitimeFri 16 Aug 2013, 02:22

In light of the new (Free Fall Area) on Saturn before S4R crashes.

I am now wondering if there might be a Free Fall Area on PSX when S4R is pushed till the game crashes.

Does any one have a save state before the S4R crash on epsxe or another ps1 emulator scratch

Help with 1st tower S4R? Nova_i10

I know outofthegamer and dentynhometal2 where the ones posting most of the pictures on here and WBW...so
I guess I might have to beg one of them for a save state lol!

Unless one of you guys have one...Pale, Paulo, Jack ???
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? Icon_minitimeFri 16 Aug 2013, 09:32

I never kept a state for filling the map with s4r. I am against s4r infinite uses so i never went far down. Maybe 2-3 rows. Outofthegamer heavily tested it and he was on console! so he does not have any save states. Once outta found that it crashes, we sort of left it at that and went on to seek out other tricks. I am not sure who else did any testing. Maybe check with bug7139.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 14:56

Ok, I will probably end up doing the testing myself...since I have never performed S4R on PSX, and would like to at some point cyclops
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? Icon_minitimeFri 23 Aug 2013, 08:41

I am getting real frustrated with this Evil or Very Mad LOL

About how many shifts does it take to come out the other side of the screen...like 5 to 20...or like 50 to 100...

because I swear I have shifted like 50 times and I keep gaining rooms but I am not coming out on the other side of the screen.

I am thinking it might be the emulator or the ISO...
I am using akumajou dracula x - gekka no yasoukyoku (j) (v1.0) slpm-86023 , which is the original right?
Help with 1st tower S4R? Pcsxr011
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? Icon_minitimeFri 23 Aug 2013, 19:35

You are using japan version 1.  I have not tested that version for flipping the map with s4r.  With usa version it works fine but there is a point where you stop seeing the rooms on the map but your counter goes up.  You need to save state then library card then you can see the updated map.  Then return back to your state and continue on.

What your seeing is different then Usa version.  something i have not seen.  It looks like it never flipped to the other side but it may have you just have to library card and see the updated map.  It may inflict this glitch sooner then on usa version.  does the items in your inventory start to get any pink lines in them?  I remember when i was far into S4R my inventory would start to get pink lines through my equipment.  usually getting worst as i get further down.  I am assuming it gets worst till it crashes.

The only way to test for J1 version is to attempt to exit shafts room with richter. if you backflip into shafts room and skip the dialogue you can quickly jump out the right side wall. This is exclusive to J1 and probably the reason for its quick re-issue to 1.1
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? Icon_minitimeFri 23 Aug 2013, 20:17

Pale-Dim wrote:
With usa version it works fine but there is a point where you stop seeing the rooms on the map but your counter goes up.  You need to save state then library card then you can see the updated map.  Then return back to your state and continue on...does the items in your inventory start to get any pink lines in them?
That was exactly it, I just needed to use the library card to see the map up date...thanks Pale Wink
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Aug 2013, 23:05

I felt like making a video...so here is a video of how to Infinite Shift 4 Rooms (S4R) on PSX to help people in the future.
This video is made especially for akumajou dracula x - gekka no yasoukyoku (j) slpm-86023  v1.0-1.1-1.2 ...because I
swear I can never get the game to move me into the left passageway using only 80 Heart Refreshers on these versions...
Its a lot of Heart Refreshers, I know...but I have had almost a 100% success rate with this method.

If your using another version of the game and you are having a similar problem, I recommend this method...
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Aug 2013, 23:26

I think 80HR's was based upon not being in restricted movement mode while being under the floor and starting from further back. There are some pictures that shows the exact spots to line up both methods. Otherwise the method shown is the method i have always used. Great video, it will sure help others to do these tricks.

Have you played around with methods to exit the castle when in these locked corridors. we did that when we first found this trick so that we would do the shift then exit and gather all the higher up rooms then re-enter and shift again. repeat. Its some pretty interesting tricks we had to utilize.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Aug 2013, 00:03

Pale-Dim wrote:
Have you played around with methods to exit the castle when in these locked corridors.  we did that when we first found this trick so that we would do the shift then exit and gather all the higher up rooms then re-enter and shift again.  repeat.  Its some pretty interesting tricks we had to utilize.
Yeah, I was playing around with it, and it made me want to try doing similar ticks in the Inverted 1st tower...which in turn made me put a pause on shifting the regular 1st tower till it crashes, and now I am obsessed with trying to make a way to Infinite S4R in the Inverted 1st tower lol!

I can get the Inverted 1st tower to shift 2 times using Death Techs...
Help with 1st tower S4R? Pcsxr013
and was trying to use Jack's method to shift a 3rd time...

but It did not work Evil or Very Mad 

I wonder If we found a way to shift it 4 times...it could possibly become infinite?
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Aug 2013, 00:36

yeah the double death tech works in japan version since the top doorway is not lined up with the bottom doorway so you can shift it twice. On Usa version it automatically moves it all the way over first try (maybe wrong on this). Its also odd that it only shifts 1 cell and not 4 like the regular castle. I am not sure if you are to look for a new way to shift or a way to reset the tower to shift it again.

I am not sure if i tried to death jump into the shiftspot under the confession room to set off the first shift or not. it may be possible to shift the usa version twice like the jpn version if it does not lock the screen so far over. I am not 100% sure from memory if only shifted from the bottom corridor since there was a floor to sink into where as the top one has no close floor to activate the shift. death jump to shift was only found later and not sure I tested it or not. Something to try out though.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? Icon_minitimeMon 23 Dec 2013, 20:29

Pale-Dim wrote:
after 4 shifts it would become infinite on playstation?  would we have to use the doorway backdash+dhr method to keep it going and do the little run around reset thing then back to the doorway?

Yeah, you have to use HR's and do the run around reset...

Like this...

Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jan 2014, 10:25

Guys, does this type of death tech work anywhere else in either castle scratch

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with 1st tower S4R?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next