Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

http://sotn.heliohost.org/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]

Go down 
+3
pirate_sephiroth
paulo1179
nathan7878
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

Number of posts : 1197
Registration date : 2012-09-16

Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Empty
PostSubject: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Icon_minitimeThu 10 Oct 2013, 22:15

Since soon with the new tech there will probably be a new record with Alucard on a any % glitch speed run, dose anyone know what the current record is/or has a link to the video...

..and also, does anyone know what TAS in reference to a Castlevania SOTN
speed run means, does this mean they are using save states or a slow down feature scratch

If so, I would love to see the fastest real time Alucard any % glitch speed run record so far Surprised

Last edited by nathan7878 on Tue 29 Sep 2015, 04:23; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Icon_minitimeThu 10 Oct 2013, 22:35

TAS: Tool assisted speed run. Hacked luck(if needed) and game played frame by frame (with lots of save states).

What you see is a computer playing the whole game.

Record is ~14 minutes.

https://castlevania.darkbb.com
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Icon_minitimeThu 10 Oct 2013, 22:39

Ok, well then it seems romscout is claiming that this run by him is the world record Fastest Alucard any % glitch (Real Time) speed run so far..

Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Icon_minitimeThu 10 Oct 2013, 22:50

It's not a common thing. It's easy to set a record... lol Razz 

He is VERY good anyways.

nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Nov 2013, 11:45

New record by romscout 18:16
http://www.twitch.tv/romscout/c/3097564
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Nov 2013, 21:14

I like his speed when sliding+shield.

pirate_sephiroth
Amador 2
Amador 2

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Nov 2013, 04:26

paulo1179 wrote:
Hacked luck(if needed)
No hacks are allowed in a proper TAS. Maybe you mean luck manipulation?

paulo1179 wrote:
What you see is a computer playing the whole game.
You see the best possible gameplay.

You know it's a completely different thing and cannot be compared to a normal speedrun.
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Nov 2013, 19:02

pirate_sephiroth wrote:

You know it's a completely different thing and cannot be compared to a normal speedrun.
Yeah, luck manipulation. I agree about what we see is the best gameplay or a great gameplay. Are you working on a new TAS?

nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Nov 2013, 19:10

New Record by Romscout 18:03

http://www.twitch.tv/romscout/c/3226820

He is starting to add some of the reverse shift line techs Very Happy

Last edited by nathan7878 on Tue 19 Nov 2013, 14:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Icon_minitimeWed 13 Nov 2013, 03:54

Pale-Dim wrote:
its good.  but i did not seen the new tech used at all.  just seemed more optimized is all.  thanks for the share though
 He does the reverse shift tech at a 16:27.

Yeah, I think he only does it once in this video...but he has said
he plans to start adding them on other places.
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Icon_minitimeWed 13 Nov 2013, 10:19

Ahh oki, He used it in this video. My comment was from the other thread with the tas which does not seem to use the tech. Its a good place to use it. Good thinking on them. Its amazing how easily they can pull it off. I always enjoy the real time run over the tas.
Back to top Go down
pirate_sephiroth
Amador 2
Amador 2

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Icon_minitimeWed 13 Nov 2013, 15:31

paulo1179 wrote:
pirate_sephiroth wrote:

Yeah, luck manipulation. I agree about what we see is the best gameplay or a great gameplay. Are you working on a new TAS?
yeah, with arukAdo and ForgoneMoose (a new guy).

They are making tests applying the new glitches (reverse shiftline and familiar speech menu unlock) to the known route and apparently it's gonna save about 1 minute.
I want to make something new with the unused glitches, like the save glitch and its sequel, the item sorting glitch, but I'm still researching.
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Icon_minitimeWed 13 Nov 2013, 22:46

item sorting glitch?
Back to top Go down
pirate_sephiroth
Amador 2
Amador 2

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Icon_minitimeThu 14 Nov 2013, 07:14

Pale-Dim wrote:
item sorting glitch?
It was another of jackobones' discoveries.

You can transform one hand item either into a duplicate of another item or into a different one(that you already have in your inventory)

You do the save glitch to mess up the item sorting (when you press SQUARE on the hands equipment menu). There will be multiple copies of the first item type (usually S.Sword).
Then when you try to sort your items like that, you'll start to fill the inventory with duplicated entries.

The glitch works basically like this (I don't remember the whole thing now... it's been 4 years): you need to have 2 of any item of that bugged category. Then you sort the inventory until it's filled up. Then you equip those specific items in both hands. You sort the inventory. once more and it will be refilled again (no room for the items that are now in your hands). Now you can do 2 things:
1- if you equip in either hand any other item that you're carrying only 1 unit of, the item in the other hand will be transformed into that selected item (called by jack as 'item duplicate').
2- if you equip any other item that you're carrying more than 1 or the empty hand, the item in that hand will be transformed into a different one (I have no idea of how it decides which one), but only if you already have that 'new' item. If you don't have it, you'll just equip the selected item normaly (what jack called 'item create').

Note that items are never created, only transformed into others.

I found an interesting effect though. If you keep sorting the items, they eventually overflow into the Armors section when you try to 'create' items, actually creating new gear (according to a post of mine a Mablung Sword became an armor that added 999 atk)

Last edited by pirate_sephiroth on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 03:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jack.w
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
jack.w

Number of posts : 987
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Icon_minitimeThu 14 Nov 2013, 16:42

I have a video saved on my PC then I will load it up, but it seems that the trick only manufactures double swords or shields.
  A sad thing in this bug is that it "goes off" various items from your inventory.
All that is a matter of understanding it.

"Google translator" Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Icon_minitimeFri 15 Nov 2013, 07:41

jack.w wrote:
I have a video saved on my PC
Hope you can find the video jack, I would love to see that cyclops

pirate_sephiroth wrote:
You do the save glitch to mess up the item sorting
Can the save glitch also reset your Level, Stats and Bosses... ect scratch

I am not experienced with this glitch, but have been doing some research...

and found a video from magv saying it could

magv (Translated from Spanish) wrote:

In this video I show how to reset the map , it was with the E3 version , it is not necessary to Axe Lord Armor,
you can use any item in your inventory and you can do it in any room to save . This is not done with emulators or gameshark .
Reset the map has several effects :
Your map is as shown in the video, you can visit all the rooms and so increase your percentage in the game.
Resets items in some cases events and bosses, you unconfigure the buttons and the color of the window, you just have to reconfigure again .
I reset the playing time and sometimes the levels , you start at level 1 but does not affect your hp and mp .
I reset all start at level 1 hp 1 mp 5, heart 2 . Items disappear from your inventory , you just let some or sometimes none at the end of the video show this effect.
As an aside, if you reset the map in the Japanese version of the game, your file may be damaged , I recommend you make a copy of it before you do it in this version .

Last edited by nathan7878 on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 22:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pirate_sephiroth
Amador 2
Amador 2

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Icon_minitimeFri 15 Nov 2013, 14:57

nathan7878 wrote:
Can the save glitch also reset your Level, Stats and Bosses... ect scratch
Yes. The effects vary depending on when you reset the game during the save process.

Back to top Go down
jack.w
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
jack.w

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Icon_minitimeFri 15 Nov 2013, 21:03

parece um sistema de combinação (fusão) de armas.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Icon_minitimeFri 15 Nov 2013, 22:19

pirate_sephiroth wrote:
The effects vary depending on when you reset the game during the save process.
Damn, I can never get the save glitch to work, I need more discipline lol! 
Actually it is probably my emulator, PCSX-Reload seems to have issues with soft resetting and this glitch.

jack.w wrote:
parece um sistema de combinação (fusão) de armas.
That DUPLICATE ITEM GLITCH is cool, I have to master this glitch Twisted Evil 

New record by romscout 17:55-

Back to top Go down
jack.w
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
jack.w

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Icon_minitimeSat 16 Nov 2013, 01:57

jack.w wrote:
but it seems that the trick only manufactures double swords or shields.

Exclamation I remembered manufactured item Monster vial:!:

Fiz pouco testes, espero que alguém encontre a lógica.study 
Back to top Go down
pirate_sephiroth
Amador 2
Amador 2

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Icon_minitimeSat 16 Nov 2013, 07:07

You can't create items. You can only convert them into others you already own.

The only way to get new glitched items is to do it several times until you start messing up the armors list.
Back to top Go down
jack.w
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
jack.w

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Icon_minitimeSat 16 Nov 2013, 13:21

see the list of item that I had.
  I fabricated: Medusa Shield, Darlk ShielD, AxeLord Shield, Iron Shield.

Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Itens_10
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Icon_minitimeTue 19 Nov 2013, 00:29

...got the map reset tech down, it was the PCSX-R emulator that was messing up the tech.

I was hoping that doing the map reset with a full white S4R map would maybe spread
the white area over the map, giving us the ability to do this on the regular map finishing
the top of the map, but as you can see, it does not give you much of the white area back
onto the map after it has been reset Crying or Very sad 

Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Slpm_810
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Icon_minitimeTue 19 Nov 2013, 14:53

Romscout new record 17:47

Reverse Shift 1:54
New Richter Skip 13:39
Reverse Shift 16:29

Paul, does the save glitch work on Sega Saturn scratch
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Icon_minitimeTue 19 Nov 2013, 18:56

I don't know. I did several tests with save glitch on the past (psx ver) but never tested on saturn. Someone told me about doing the "save" glitch on the teleport that links the castles (psx ver).

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next