Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

http://sotn.heliohost.org/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

Number of posts : 1197
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved Empty
PostSubject: PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved   PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb 2015, 21:45

I have been testing today, and I found the best way to gain Total Control on PSP,

if you start here on the map...
PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved Uljm0510

and then sink down 33 rooms with Heart Refreshers, you will hit a specific Matrix Area that will
dislocate the Cloak Color Modifier Selector, which you can then use to dislocate the Window
Color Selector Modifier... giving you Total Control on PSP or PPSSPP if you are using emulator like me.
PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved Uljm0511

I know, sinking down 33 rooms with HR's is a lot, but trying to use S1R to get down there would be even more
difficult because there is so many spots in the Matrix Area that just crash the game No

Last edited by nathan7878 on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 14:18; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved   PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb 2015, 03:22

I will explain it in more detail tomorrow, but for now cat

Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved   PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb 2015, 23:15

You did 1220 HRs? Oh man..i never did it!  Shocked

https://castlevania.darkbb.com
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved   PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb 2015, 23:58

paulo1179 wrote:
You did 1220 HRs? Oh man..i never did it!  Shocked
I set the frame rate really high on the PSP emulator, and then used the speed up hot key... so it took about 30 mins,
but I had to concentrate really hard not to mess up the HR Chain affraid

nathan7878 wrote:
We have potentially just discovered the most game breaking glitch ever on Castlevania Symphony of the Night.

I checked and this defect in the games coding exists on PSX, Saturn and PSP.

A near 100% accurate way to rewrite any coding into the game we want, True Total Control.

I found that if the Joseph's Cloak Color Modifier Selector, and Window Color Modifier Selector become displaced,
this gives you the ability to scroll to any section of memory in the game and increase or decrease it, just like
you would do by increasing the color of the Cloak or the Windows.

PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved Slpm_810

PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved Slpm_811

I am confident that we can most likely use SOS to displace the Selector on PSX...
and use the Matrix Stats Glitches to displace the Selectors on Saturn and PSP Wink

someolddude wrote:
You reall examine all the spots under the map via gameshark for stuff like this? Smile

So basically I figured out why all the Matrix Stats Glitches work...

First, I found where the regular and inverted map data is stored in the games coding, and noticed that most of the
Status Menu data is stored right beneath the map data in the coding on PSP and Saturn.

On the maps when Alucard/the cursor visits a room that has not been visited before the game then changes that area
in the coding from 00 to 40, or 55... showing that the room has now been visited and it then appears on the map as the
white block.

When the cursor that represents Alucard on the map, leaves the bottom of the map by using S1R/S4R or
Heart Refreshers... the cursor then goes down into the area that all the Status Menu data is stored and when
the cursor is set/or lands on most data it will change it to 40 or 55.

So for example, if the cursor touches the data for your money and you have 0 dollars, it causes 0 to become 40 hex or 55 hex,
giving you 64 or 85 dollars...

because I am viewing the Games Memory with Cheat Engine, I can see the exact location where the Window Color Modifier
Selector is stored under the map, so I know exactly where to start the 1220 Heart Refresher chain on the map, to make the
cursor sink to that memory address and change it.

Then since the Window Color Modifier Selector has now been changed to 40 hex, it is dislocated...
which then gives me the ability to scroll to the Cloak Color Modifier Selector and then dislocate it as well,
and with both dislocated I can use them the scroll to any address in the games memory and increase or decrease it, Total Control.

With all that said, this is my plan for Sega Saturn, we have to dislocate both Cloak and Window Selectors, we can not
just dislocate one and use it to dislocate the other one like on PSP.

On Saturn the Maps are orientated to each other like this, different from PSP and PSX... so if we wanted to use just HR's
to get to the memory areas we would have to sink this far, not the best idea.
PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved 00000011
PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved 00000013

So I am thinking we use S4R to get to the bottom of the maps, and then use HR's to sink to the memory areas.
PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved 00000014
PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved 00000015
PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved 00000016
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved   PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved Icon_minitimeSun 01 Mar 2015, 22:05

What I ended up doing is using S4R to get to the bottom of the maps, that way I did not have to sink very far
with HR's in those 2 areas... I am making a video, so I will post it in a couple days.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved   PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2015, 14:59

So here is how to gaining Total Control on Saturn, I could not do anything awesome at the end of the
video because all the memory addresses that control the cool stuff are very far down in the games coding
and would literally take like a month to scroll down to, so Helder from http://gamehacking.org/ is trying
to see if he can find a certain memory area that I could change with Total Control that would allow me
to scroll up... letting me get to all the good memory addresses quickly.

Or I am going to try and use SOS to fix the problem, that is why I set it up at the end of the video.

Just in case my computer crashes again here is the Total Control save data files from PSX, PPSSPP and SSF.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lz753ygoe0dm0wc/TC_Save_Data.zip
I think you must be logged into Castlevania MSN to download them.
Whoops put the wrong PSP data in that save file, so here it is http://www.mediafire.com/download/8mz3ji4p76gm21a/ULJM05287.rar

Last edited by nathan7878 on Sun 10 May 2015, 02:31; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
NITM-T
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
NITM-T

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2013-12-08

PostSubject: Re: PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved   PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved Icon_minitimeFri 20 Mar 2015, 10:07

nathan7878, you could tell me how to do to emulate the SOTN on the PC with the PSP emulator? Like, I can run the emulator and everything and Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles run perfectly, but the SOTN is very, very slow.
Could you tell me the configuration you do, please? Thank U!
And I'm sorry for my english, I use Google translator sometimes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCnIn62GVeVaqfHHGBMNqkA
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved   PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved Icon_minitimeFri 20 Mar 2015, 13:44

This is a special PPSSPP Emulator for older computers PPSSPP3D9 http://www.mediafire.com/download/85u28uolaacdu5w/ppsspp3D9.rar

I used it on Windows Vista and set the Frame Skipping to 3, and it ran really fast... but should work on all Windows Versions, try it.

Oh, and Someolddude it should work on your computer too, I was going to tell you about it soon
after we where doing the Save Shift Testing, but I forgot drunken
Back to top Go down
NITM-T
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
NITM-T

PostSubject: Re: PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved   PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved Icon_minitimeFri 20 Mar 2015, 19:48

Thanks for your help nathan7878, but the link is broken or something.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved   PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved Icon_minitimeFri 20 Mar 2015, 19:53

Okay, let me fix it...
Back to top Go down
NITM-T
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
NITM-T

PostSubject: Re: PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved   PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved Icon_minitimeFri 20 Mar 2015, 20:00

Hey bro, do not need to do that by the way, I do not know if it will work here on PC that is running Windows 8 and such. Never mind, I just wanted to play around with this version Smile .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved   PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PSP Total Control Achieved, Saturn Total Control Achieved
Page 1 of 1