Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

http://sotn.heliohost.org/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Aceearly1993

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-03-07

PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB Empty
PostSubject: PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB   PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2016, 10:05

This glitch was found by 100% accident in this year... And by testing what'll happen if run in to the save point as Richter
(The Richter run+save freeze glitch itself seems to be old, but there happened to be something new in DXC version!)

1. Enter the save point at the top of Royal Chapel as Richter
2. Stand on the red floor under the "ball", face left, then perform "→→+↑"

PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB Img_2021
3. If Richter returns to the position with high speed (as fast as he runs), there are dusts on the ground and the "save question box" opened, mark this as a "successful move"

PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB Img_2019

4. Perform the "successful move" about 10~20 times then exit the save room. You'll see Richter warped to the next room and immediately falls to the bottom of the screen

PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB Img_2018
5. Then you can explore white maps just like when Alucard goes OoB! WOOOO-HOOOOOO!

PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB Img_2022

It seems that Richter can't get through this position... And it seems that Richter can't perform a skill/item/item crash that pauses the screen, so he can't dig more white maps at the border of the room
PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB Img_2023

But at least the Royal Chapel spike room ... It's not a dream!
PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB Img_2017

PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB Img_2020

Only works on Dracula X Chronicles (DXC) version

This glitch actually creates a shift line in the single tiny little piece of save room!

This glitch can be used in other save rooms, but there seems to be no useful results

In PS JP V1.0 version Richter sucks in the middle line of the room and can neither save nor escape, so it can't be performed on PS versions
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

Number of posts : 1181
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PostSubject: Re: PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB   PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2016, 13:13

Ah, yes... very good.
This is the Save Shift Glitch we experimented with awhile back... see the bottom
of this page https://castlevania.darkbb.com/t617-psp-s4r-matrix-stats-glitch-save-shift-techs

Very good explanation and pictures alien
Back to top Go down
NITM-T
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
NITM-T

Number of posts : 784
Registration date : 2013-12-08

PostSubject: Re: PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB   PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2016, 22:54

Welcome Aceearly1993!
So, That Glitch are not only available in the NTSC-J version, but also in NTSC and Pal versions.
You do not need to run just stay next to the hexagon facing the room wall, press up to Save and leave the option to save. Do this about 4 times is longer enough sometimes, then you character will leave. When I say "character", means we can do this with all of them, you know?
Like nathan7878 say: "This is the Save Shift Glitch we experimented with awhile back." and this Glitch was founded by thiaguin, our friend here.
In NTSC version, we can get more % with Steal Your Save Glitch also founded by thiaguin on PSP version and Name Glitch founded by me, then you can do this:

PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB Sem_ty15
PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB 110PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB 210
PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB 310
PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB 410PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB 510

Anyway, you made good job with your explanation and pics! Keep on!
Sorry, but I don't speak English this is Google translate study
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCnIn62GVeVaqfHHGBMNqkA
Aceearly1993

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-03-07

PostSubject: Re: PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB   PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2016, 09:23

Hahahahaahahaha, haven't noticed the old threads before because it seems like that I encountered Symphony as a much bigger world than before

The techs are really awesome! The save room shift line works on all characters in PSP version, I haven't noticed before  tongue

I'm a fan of Castlevania series but mainly focus on other titles ,and I'm also not a native English speaker  Razz
Back to top Go down
NITM-T
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
NITM-T

Number of posts : 784
Registration date : 2013-12-08

PostSubject: Re: PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB   PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2016, 22:12

lol! You can be sure of that, bro. Symphony and Nocturne has many stories to tell hehe.
All those Glitches of each version are awesome and those new from PSP brought us great possibilities for Richter and Maria! So, now that you caught the thing, you can make new tests and find new things, too!
Yeah, me too. I've Played NitM & SotN since I'm kid and I'm playing some RPGs now, but always come back to the Symphony I love you
Well, even if we are not a native English, I think we're understand each other hehe. See ya around!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCnIn62GVeVaqfHHGBMNqkA
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB   PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PSP Richter Save Point Shift & Royal Chapel OoB
Page 1 of 1