Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

http://sotn.heliohost.org/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Japanese, and U.S ( PSN ) version PS3.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Taxititan
Amador 2
Amador 2
Taxititan

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-12-27

Japanese, and U.S ( PSN ) version PS3. Empty
PostSubject: Japanese, and U.S ( PSN ) version PS3.   Japanese, and U.S ( PSN ) version PS3. Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan 2012, 21:29

Ive only playd alot of the U.S. PSN version until I got 203% with Richter, and it seems to be simulair as the U.S. PS1 version I playd before.

But I wonder about the Japanese PSN version.

Would be cool if it was the first revision 1 of 4, with the Shaft room glitch, 203.1% for Richter?
Probably not, but Im still planning to buy a redeem card from ebay to buy it for 600 yen, just to try Razz

I would also gladly sponsor konami for that game again Razz
Eventhough I already tried the shaftroom glitch on the PS1 jap version 1 before Razz

WTF! I´m soon 30 and still messing around with diffrent Sotn versions...
I´ve playd it back N forth for more then 11 years.
It still makes me smile, and sometimes that scares me...

Last edited by Taxititan on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 20:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

Number of posts : 1353
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Japanese, and U.S ( PSN ) version PS3.   Japanese, and U.S ( PSN ) version PS3. Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012, 01:22

Hey pal, how are you?? Wink

There are much to do on sotn. Lots of versions, tricks, ideas lol The psn ver seens to be the psx version basics.

I'm working hardly on saturn ver (check my channel on youtube). Next video i'll show some great things about %.

psx, xbox360, psp, ps3??? NO!! Saturn rules!! Japanese, and U.S ( PSN ) version PS3. 1853108341

The old school sotn players are close to 30's (that includes me No ). I'm very proud of what we did. Average players just reach the end and that's it. We go far..and there are much things to do yet. Heyyyy do you started with 85HP??? Razz

https://castlevania.darkbb.com
Taxititan
Amador 2
Amador 2
Taxititan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese, and U.S ( PSN ) version PS3.   Japanese, and U.S ( PSN ) version PS3. Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012, 15:33

Yo paulo, Very Happy

Been sick alot because of a stomach problem in 8 months, and I´m gonna do gastroscopy tomorrow, but still play alot games.

Last time I playd Sotn (before yesterday) was on the Saturn also.
I noticed a horizontal shiftline in the Castlekeep.
First I did go outside the the castlekeep using backdash DHR´s to fly up.
Then I fall down on the right outside the wall.
I only stay in the saveroom for a few frames then gets pushed up over and over.
Then I turned into batup/right (outside above) the saveroom and go left.
Turning into a bat the wrong timing makes Alucard falling down through the wall instead.
I was very sick so I can´t remember if I posted the picture, cause I can´t find it.
But it was not to hard to execute and you maybe knew already.

I know that psn usa version seems to be the same as US ps1.
But I had to find out about Nitm so I also bought the Jap psn version yesterday to see if J1 stuff works. (Ive got 200,6% now and will start check out richter today and shaft.)
And also because I bought an official first print limited edition Nitm PS1 yesterday for 560.00 SEK = 144.111 BRL complete in excellent condition. http://www.tradera.com/castlevania-symphony-of-the-night-limited-edition-japan-auktion_301201_147062642
It should be the J1 version without stutters in the CD.
My previous J1 is a CDr copy of the limited edition that has small stutters.
I knew I could steal the tracks of an other iso but hey.. Im only gonna buy it once Razz (hopefully)

Bottom line is; Of course Saturn is overall in my favour, and I choosed to autograph that one, and grind octos for 999atk in 3 weeks for Muramasa (that save also had luckmode). ( think I gained 5 kilos of pizza fat during that time )
Maybe worth dumping the save and sell it on ebay hahaha. http://www.gamingenterprisesinc.com/DataLink/

I modded my saturn with 60hz and CDr playback for, Nr1; Sotn, Nr2; Radiant silvergun.
But the PSX J1 is the second best, and I like it alot because the Richter (Glitchster) "%" complexity.

Every other console version is just converions ( except maybe PSP wich sux anyway ).
But the saturn version is an expansion, or even a directors cut.

I think I will still play it some if I was 55 years +.
Im only scared of not variating my life.
But I believe when you say theres alot to do still.
Im very interested in your upcomming youtube stuff about %, please tell me when its finished.

Im also proud about our unique findings, even if some "casual" people thinks people like us is crazy.
Glitches like fighting dracula with richter in J1 actually expands the game alot in a cool way.

I have tried getting 85hp on Saturn.
And not succeded.
I have not given up completly on that though.
It´s so hard to time when the lags feels a little random for me.
And its harder for me then to get behind the clock, because it require a perfect play in 1 whole minute! Not even fighting games are that unforgiving Razz
"You´re the only dude I know who passed that perfect executing test 85HP Saturn yet."
And the dude who finds most glitches in Sotn on the internet using advanced mathematics Smile
Back to top Go down
Taxititan
Amador 2
Amador 2
Taxititan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese, and U.S ( PSN ) version PS3.   Japanese, and U.S ( PSN ) version PS3. Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2012, 20:20

Japanese PSN version does not have the J1 glitches.
Tried shaft elevator and shaftroom glitch with Richter.
Bet no one cares, but I just wanted to see what revision they included.

Hey Paulo, how´s your youtube project doin?
It sounds very interesting with the Saturn % stuff you were gonna show Smile
I would gladly explore more Saturn!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: Japanese, and U.S ( PSN ) version PS3.   Japanese, and U.S ( PSN ) version PS3. Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jan 2012, 20:44

That horizontal shift line is not a funny one because you need to go outside. Very easy to enter on it (hope we'are talking about the same room).

"official first print limited edition Nitm " I got it too!!! Love it! Low price, nice!!

Quote :
Bottom line is; Of course Saturn is overall in my favour, and I choosed to autograph that one, and grind octos for 999atk in 3 weeks for Muramasa (that save also had luckmode). ( think I gained 5 kilos of pizza fat during that time )
Maybe worth dumping the save and sell it on ebay hahaha. http://www.gamingenterprisesinc.com/DataLink/

I modded my saturn with 60hz and CDr playback for, Nr1; Sotn, Nr2; Radiant silvergun.
But the PSX J1 is the second best, and I like it alot because the Richter (Glitchster) "%" complexity.

You are the first to reach 999atk on saturn (i think i'm the first on psx lol). There is a very simple GS code for psx that gives you the max atk with muramasa. I will NEVER do it again like i did. Just put the code and here is the 999 hehehe Wink
I have 4 saturns now but one is dead (not dead yet, but displays lots of dots, squares and lines on screen)

Quote :
I think I will still play it some if I was 55 years +.
Im only scared of not variating my life.

Great to read this. SotN is an universe. You can do challenges, work on glitches, find how rpg acts on the game and much more. Your "55 years" are not too much for sotn Wink

Quote :
Im very interested in your upcomming youtube stuff about %, please tell me when its finished.

Im also proud about our unique findings, even if some "casual" people thinks people like us is crazy.
Glitches like fighting dracula with richter in J1 actually expands the game alot in a cool way.

I have tried getting 85hp on Saturn.
And not succeded.
I have not given up completly on that though.
It´s so hard to time when the lags feels a little random for me.
And its harder for me then to get behind the clock, because it require a perfect play in 1 whole minute! Not even fighting games are that unforgiving
"You´re the only dude I know who passed that perfect executing test 85HP Saturn yet."
And the dude who finds most glitches in Sotn on the internet using advanced mathematics

Im uploading new movies, like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNiZ_Z92PCY
subscribe me!!

Maria x Maria is easier to do because you can do lots of tries in a row. Richter x Maria: single try every 2 minutes. Very boring. You can practice on the other statue using the clock subweapon.
about "advanced mathematics ", i'm very good on math and i used it a lot while doing the s4r. I like to know how the things works.
This the math view of shift techs on saturn: 'Vf + (Hf/64) = (64.Vi + Hi + N.S)/64' study hahaha

Thanks Wink

paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: Japanese, and U.S ( PSN ) version PS3.   Japanese, and U.S ( PSN ) version PS3. Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jan 2012, 21:06

Taxititan wrote:
Japanese PSN version does not have the J1 glitches.
Tried shaft elevator and shaftroom glitch with Richter.
Bet no one cares, but I just wanted to see what revision they included.

Konami ever uses the last psx version when working on conversions. Turn on the pixie put alucard on a chair. Tell me if she sings.

Some exclusive things on the original NitMpsx:

Richter's flame whip causes the same damage of normal whip atk.
Fighting final Dracula playing as Richter (glitch)
Elevator glitch (Outer Wall)
Pixie does NOT sings
You can NOT link wing smashes
The eye of vlad relic is NOT needed to open the ceiling of the clock room (Black Marble Gallery)

mikeelman
Amador 1
Amador 1
mikeelman

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Japanese, and U.S ( PSN ) version PS3.   Japanese, and U.S ( PSN ) version PS3. Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 12:30

Taxititan wrote:
Ive only playd alot of the U.S. PSN version until I got 203% with Richter, and it seems to be simulair as the U.S. PS1 version I playd before.
Would be cool if it was the first revision 1 of 4, with the Shaft room glitch, 203.1% for Richter?
Probably not, but Im still planning to buy a redeem card from ebay to buy it for 600 yen, just to try Razz

I got to 203.1%, to lazy right now to post the pic, but il will edit this later to show (if i can).

All i did was get 203% with richter on psx jap version (cant remember wich) on psp since aparently the infinity glitch won't open the gate on emu, i just converted that memory card file to use on epsxe and get shaft room using the jap 1 iso, and that was it for me, i wanna buy a ps1 so bad right now, it will be my next purchase, to hell with the wii u lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese, and U.S ( PSN ) version PS3.   Japanese, and U.S ( PSN ) version PS3. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japanese, and U.S ( PSN ) version PS3.
Page 1 of 1