Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

http://sotn.heliohost.org/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting Empty
PostSubject: Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting   Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting Icon_minitimeWed 11 Mar 2015, 10:40

Vertical Shiftline theory.

As we have known for many years shiftlines work in a horizontal direction just fine.  we have a few major tricks that utilize this.  I want to see if we can somehow do the same with vertical shiftlines.  

We already know that there is a gap in the top and bottom of each room already for us to move around in and we need to "shift" the horizontal sides to make room to move in.  We already use these to get to ceilings or to jump complete rooms.  Are these top and bottom sections already shifted or can they be shifted to create tricks.

What i want to look into is if we can use tricks like Long ET or Reverse shift VERTICALLY.  my main goals are to try to work something like a reverse shift to go from a hole in the floor/ceiling and end up in a ceiling above.  The rooms i would like to attempt are Above 101,19 and Above 104,35, Also above 99,60

Has anyone attempted to look at this possibility before.  an application like this could have other uses also if vertical shifting works.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

Number of posts : 1221
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting   Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting Icon_minitimeWed 11 Mar 2015, 23:11

I put some work into the Vertical Reverse Shift Line today... pretty possible, the problem seems
to be finding a movement that can replicate what the back dash does after you use the HR,
except in the air going vertically upward scratch  Hmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting   Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2015, 01:27

I am not sure if a gravity jump or the super jump with the boomerang. or does it have to be a sudden quick direction change? or does it need to be amount of pixel movement? like would a morph to bat or something give movement?

can you simulate what we are attempting to do with codes to see if it would even work if we had the proper movement?
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting   Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015, 01:01

I learned that at a very precise placing, you can do the Horizontal Reverse Shift in the air and jump out of it, but
you have to press right on the controller before you jump, or the shift fails....

so maybe this could be done Vertically with really good timing scratch more testing... I have been using Cheat Engine to
try help figure this out too.
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting   Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015, 01:08

ok great. this is good progress. so we can confirm that jumping can replace the backdash sequence. Great work guys!
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting   Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2016, 21:20

This is very interesting to me... since this version is technically a hack (because of the English text),
lets see if we can replicate it on one of the other versions.

Pretty cool Anderson, what emulator is this scratch

PS. just checked the English patched version should be JAP 1.2, so probably best to start with that one.
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting   Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2016, 01:04

A bunch of questions/notes

- So this is a full heart flicker infinity? Looks like it.  we know the 4th shade is the trigger for full infinity
- Only need to launch the boat and move back to the 3rd shade and get hit twice to activate half infinity
- when they went into the upper room the barrier around the room was gone.? is all 4 sides open and available to travel through?
- If we were to remove the walls/floor to the right of the hole would we be able to stay in the upper screen normally or fall through? *tested* Normal
- We have had once in the past someone do a gravity jump through the entrance hole at the gate and get lag/flicker and create a line of rooms straight up about 8-10 rooms.  but could never replicate

Should be able to replicate this by doing heart flicker infinity and using the GS code to remove walls then use the gravity jump to attempt to cross into the entrance.  It should not be able to load the entrance because the room we are attempting to move to is not beside the loading spot

D0097490 1020
800730A8 0000
D0097490 4020
800730A8 0001

UP+O to remove walls

The heart flicker infinity can be done on usa version emulator with file 201%+  But this shows on a much lower file which we have not had success with but since this is modified JPN version which i have not tested I don't have data on what % is required to activate on Japan version.

----After tests----
I have savestates for in half infinity and full infinity at this spot so i can test whatever needs.

- When i go into the upper room the room is not blacked out but there is some palette that is off (Normal for infinity)
- The floors/walls are normal even when removed.  Still fall through the floor. could not go through ceiling as assumed.

Please let me know if you can get any infinity to work on Japan version so i can update my faq.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting   Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2016, 11:05

I got it to work on Jap 1.2 http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_ISOs/Akumajou_Dracula_X_-_Gekka_no_Yasoukyoku_(J)_(v1.2)/52870
I also had it happen on the right side of the screen, where the waterfall is... I will do more testing later to try and work out more of the details.
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting   Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2016, 22:23

ok so it may be a timing thing.  I may need to run back to the start room and run killing the first 2 shades.  Will try tonight.  

Questions:  
- were you getting heart flicker or just regular infinity?  
- when your in the black room can you get out of the grav jump and try to move around the room?  see if you can move off the left/right sides too?

unlike before i am getting constant crashes once in heart flicker infinity if i touch any sort of attack button. I may have to try and get a savestate in regular infinity since it's more stable.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting   Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2016, 23:35

Pale-Dim wrote:
ok so it may be a timing thing.  I may need to run back to the start room and run killing the first 2 shades.  Will try tonight.  

Questions:  
- were you getting heart flicker or just regular infinity?
I actually am not sure yet, but the glitch happened quite easily... Anderson also had a blank map he
bought from the library, I did the same in my first test... so that maybe a factor.
Then I used a code to set my percentage high, like 6957.0 or so.

Pale-Dim wrote:

- when your in the black room can you get out of the grav jump and try to move around the room?  see if you can move off the left/right sides too?
What really seems to happen is that whole underground area near the shades turns black,
you can either move up and that weird vertical shifting thing happens and you go through the top of
the map all the way back to the bottom... or if you move left or right there is like a shit load of 1 room size black screens
you can fly through, but for some reason the cursor will not move on the map when moving horizontal.

Also once the black out glitch happens the effect seems to be permanent Evil or Very Mad  even if you use the library
card the glitch follows you.

I will test the USA version next.
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting   Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2016, 23:55

ok going to download the iso you provided and see if my jpn save files work and can try it. Maybe we can see how many rooms it gave us.

if the glitch follows you than you would not be able to get a save off?
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting   Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting Icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar 2016, 00:24

i could not get that v2 to launch in epsxe. the .bin file has a 2nd extension and it wont load it, i even tried to remove the extra extenstion . I also tried to mount it but that didn't work either. so not sure how you are getting it to run.

tested on my japan iso that i have. which i think is a 1.1

was able to confirm that heart flicker infinity does work. but no luck on the blank room.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting   Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting Icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar 2016, 00:35

Pale-Dim wrote:
if the glitch follows you than you would not be able to get a save off?
I just tested it on the USA version, and I can't get the blackout... but the game will total freeze and crash.
Yeah, if we can't find a way to escape the black out then it pretty much nulls the glitch... No

This ISO might be better http://nitroroms.com/show/file-info/L4705165/Sony_PSX/Akumajou%20Dracula%20X%20-%20Gekka%20no%20Yasoukyoku%20(Japan)%20(v1.2).7z.html

Yeah, the Bizhawk emulator some how loaded the other rom for me.
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting   Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting Icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar 2016, 01:18

so that version loads fine.

Some new findings. still no blank room though.

This version seems to be able to do things the others cannot. I can put it into normal infinity (item reappear) then kill a couple shades and knock it into heart flicker infinity (no other version can do this. only from a half infinity)

on your video i do not see your hearts flickering, also you go into the top room after activating the boat and can still put the game into heart flicker infinity (which gives the palette mess up) but your hearts are not flickering. I wonder if this is emulator not showing the heart flicker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting   Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vertical Shifting Theorycrafting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night :: Can't speak portuguese?? post here! (all versions)-
Jump to: