Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

http://sotn.heliohost.org/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help with 1st tower S4R?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Help with 1st tower S4R? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jan 2014, 11:06

I have tested death in each overlapping doorway. This is a unique spot where the overlap is vertical and not horizontal. You can do something similar but different in Inverted castle near the same area, but it only gives a movement of 1 row down and only when your under the shiftline and switch screens. This was how we got the extra row below the IC castle keep.

I would say its been tested but not overly thorough, Sometimes pixel perfect placing is key for tricks.

I know for sure that i did not test much with dying really close to the ceiling in non overlapping area's. The only spot i played with for any length of time is the spot in deathwings lair heading towards the clock room. There is a open room near here that just annoys me that i cannot get it.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jan 2014, 11:42

Pale-Dim wrote:
The only spot i played with for any length of time is the spot in deathwings lair heading towards the clock room.  There is a open room near here that just annoys me that i cannot get it.

Mmmmm scratch 

I will have to do some testing...

Just for the record, I was doing some testing to see if the overlapping door way in the
Outer Wall could be shifted and I found out if we were able to shift over 3 times
to the right the shift becomes infinite... and not only does it become infinite, but
if goes CRAZY  Shocked The S1R starts shifting by its self at a amazing rate of speed...

This gave me the idea that it could be possible to actually do this in the 3rd Outer Wall with
out the use of Cheat Engine...

so I will start testing it...
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jan 2014, 12:49

Wow, that was amazingly fast screen fill up. Its good to see proof that this spot can be locked up like other overlapping rooms and does have effects. Now it's just a matter of finding a way to lock it and shift it.

Can i ask why 3rd outer wall would be any different then that regular outer wall for such a trick?

was it moving on its own or was it because you were walking towards the doorway that was moving the cursor?
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jan 2014, 20:23

Pale-Dim wrote:
was it moving on its own or was it because you were walking towards the doorway that was moving the cursor?
It was moving on its own, I did not have to keep holding right on the control pad or anything to keep Alucard or the cursor moving, once I entered the door way, Alucard gets stuck in the infinite walking forward position, and which also seems to cause the cursor to get stuck in a infinite moving to the right movement.

Pale-Dim wrote:
Can i ask why 3rd outer wall would be any different then that regular outer wall for such a trick?
It seems that the main trigger for Infinite S1R in over lapping areas is when the cursor leaves off the map and does not register in the area you are in anymore... the area being any where in the Outer Wall.

So I was speculating, that maybe since the 3rd Outer Wall does not technically show up on the map except as white space...
the cursor might trick the map into thinking that the cursor had already left the 3rd Outer Wall area.

...but I have been doing the testing and it does not seem to work Sad
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jan 2014, 22:37

i have been always under the impression that the 3rd outer wall was simply a map display error and not actually a zone. What does seem odd is that even after a save and reload in this area the map is not fixed and your saved position according to the save select is just blank and not outer wall.

did you notice that the programmers room code also moves you on the map. if you turn on the code in IC keep the map will be flipped and show you in RC catacombs
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jan 2014, 14:06

Pale-Dim wrote:
did you notice that the programmers room code also moves you on the map.  if you turn on the code in IC keep the map will be flipped and show you in RC catacombs

Yeah, that is really strange, I thought maybe it does that because there might be a 3rd debug room there, but
after testing it today... there is not  Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with 1st tower S4R?   Help with 1st tower S4R? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with 1st tower S4R?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2