Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

http://sotn.heliohost.org/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Empty
PostSubject: PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset   PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Icon_minitimeTue 27 Aug 2013, 09:48

This is pretty cool, I was doing some testing in the S4R 1st Tower with Game Shark to see exactly
where most peoples games crashed when preforming Infinite S4R...and found that about 1 rooms line below where
most peoples games crashed is a Matrix area on PSX.

I think eventually with a strong enough emulator and the right settings, we will be able to reach it Wink 

In my opinion, PCSXR would be the most suitable choice for this goal, the reason is how air tight and advanced the coding is,
all bios and plugins are built into the emulator giving it a stronger coding against game crashes. Most up to date version- http://www.emucr.com/2013/08/pcsx-reloaded-svn-r86898.html

Epsxe would be my next choice, but because of the many bios and plugins that can be used, and need to be equipped with the
emulator, it seems to be move vulnerable to game crashes. Most up to date version-  http://www.emucr.com/2013/08/epsxe-v190.html

Also, I think if the Matrix area was ever attempted to be reached, the best tactic would be...once you shift off of the inverted castle map and
can no longer see the cursor, to start shifting from a higher corridor, like one of these...
PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Pcsxr014
then one shift before the game crashes, drop down to floor level...this method seem to work well when I was testing with Game Shark.

Last edited by nathan7878 on Sat 19 Oct 2013, 11:46; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset   PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Icon_minitimeTue 27 Aug 2013, 12:01

Nice to see the Matrix room does exist on Playstation version. When you were in matrix would it crash right away or was it only crashing because you were using the Heart refresh to shift the tower? Would your rooms have kept going up if you didn't move?

The crash happens when your cursor is below the inverted castle keep does it not? I remember testing to see how deep the keep was and eventually it crashed, wondering if this is the same spot.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset   PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Icon_minitimeTue 27 Aug 2013, 13:10

Pale-Dim wrote:
When you were in matrix would it crash right away or was it only crashing because you were using the Heart refresh to shift the tower?  Would your rooms have kept going up if you didn't move?
Yeah, it only crashed because I shifted again, it seems the Matrix area is
pretty stable, so the Rooms number could have kept increase.

Pale-Dim wrote:
The crash happens when your cursor is below the inverted castle keep does it not?  I remember testing to see how deep the keep was and eventually it crashed, wondering if this is the same spot.
Yeah exactly, I pulled the cursor off the regular map, then below the Inverted castle keep...and then under the Inverted map.
When you tested you must have been very close to the same area, I think the Matrix area seems to
be not to far from where most people that test Infinite S4R games crashed. So with a real good up to date
emulator and the right settings, reaching the area seems very possible.
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset   PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Icon_minitimeTue 27 Aug 2013, 20:45

Wowwww! What a Face 

What's the codes that you used on it?

https://castlevania.darkbb.com
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset   PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Icon_minitimeTue 27 Aug 2013, 23:15

my guess is he just used a code to change his cursor position. There is a spot below the castle keep where if you cross into it the game crashes. he put his cursor below this crash spot and below it was a matrix spot Smile

if we can find a way to bypass the crash spot then we could hit a matrix room. so far without codes we don't have a way. but his idea of using a higher point to shift from then drop below that line may just work.

Example: (the X numbers are made up for example)

X57----Reverse Keep
X58----Crash (if you sink through or stop on this line your game will crash)
X59----Matrix
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset   PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Icon_minitimeWed 28 Aug 2013, 03:39

From the position in the video, I went down x77.

Vertical position modifier  800730B4 0077
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset   PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Icon_minitimeFri 30 Aug 2013, 21:27

Slow and steady...lol! 
PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Pcsxr015
PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Pcsxr017
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset   PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Icon_minitimeSat 31 Aug 2013, 11:46

Well, are plan worked...cheers the Matrix area has now been reached on PSX with out using Action Replay codes,
the max game percentage that can be achieved in the Matrix area is 6957.0% (65535 rooms), and with a percentage
that high...your Walk Armor will be raised to 999 Defense.
PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Pcsxr018
PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Pcsxr019

so, the game crashed shifting from the lower corridor at 7530...

Then I moved up to the upper left corridor, once you walk into it..it will automatically shift against the screen,
and you can start using a X2 Heart Refresher chain to move your position down.

I would say it takes about 75 to 100 X2 Heart Refresher shifts to bring the Matrix area to the bottom of
the 1st tower successfully...if you go down too soon the game will freeze.

But for some reason, the Matrix area will not raise higher then the floor level even if
you continue to shift with HR's...so I might be at the bottom of the map and stuck.

I will continue to shift though...and pray I come through the top of the regular map,
so we can finally have a max white map.
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset   PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Icon_minitimeSat 31 Aug 2013, 20:22

Matrix on psx sounds great. Movie please! I love you 

nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset   PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 10:41

Here is the video...

and here is the emulator fully configured, with 3 save states for future testing.
State 6-On this one, I have been shifting for about 2 hours after hitting the
matrix area, trying to either come through the top of the regular map, or
crash the game from shifting the upper left corridor.
State 7-65535 rooms gained , still in the 1st tower, max game percentage.
State 8-7530 rooms, 1 shift from crashing on the lower left corridor of the 1st tower.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g9mahvumfbfbq6l/EmuCR-Pcsxr-r86913.zip

and here is the ISO.

Akumajou Dracula X - Gekka no Yasoukyoku (J) (v1.0) ISO
http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_ISOs/Akumajou_Dracula_X_-_Gekka_no_Yasoukyoku_(J)_(v1.0)/52868-download

Last edited by nathan7878 on Fri 18 Jul 2014, 11:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset   PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 21:21

6957%, that's the number. Well done!

nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset   PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Icon_minitimeFri 20 Sep 2013, 17:05

I finally got the upper left corridor to crash the game from shifting.

Its like this...

Lower left corridor crashes after 6878 HR shifts...

and the upper left corridor crashes after 384 additional HR shifts.

So using S4R in the regular tower, you are able to shift 7262 times from
your original position.

I checked for any loading spots, but nothing so far  No

File for future testing...(1 shift from crashing the upper left corridor.)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/nscg3fie4n3209h/DRACULA_X-SLPM86023.004

Last edited by nathan7878 on Sun 29 Sep 2013, 13:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset   PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Icon_minitimeSat 21 Sep 2013, 21:26

Back to saturn. 3rd matrix room Wink

nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset   PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Icon_minitimeSun 22 Sep 2013, 01:59

lol! I was just thinking about that today...
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset   PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Icon_minitimeThu 03 Oct 2013, 19:49

While slowly working on the third Matrix room on Saturn lol! 

I came across a video of bugs that I had never seen before...and it started giving me some new ideas about PSX...

I was thinking if it could be possible to use some form of death techs in these four areas, maybe giving
us the ability to S1R or S4R to the left and complete the PSX map.

After a lot of attempts with the death tech on JAP version 1.0, I was finally able to get the first areas screen to lock to the
left, but I was shifted to the right, the shift does not seem to be capable of being infinite though.
PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Pcsxr021

I keep attempting to use death techs on the other areas to get the screen to lock, but I keep getting pushed
into another room Evil or Very Mad but I have not lost hope because death techs seem to have to be very precise.

Guys have we ever got any of the other areas to shift or lock with death techs scratch
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset   PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Icon_minitimeThu 03 Oct 2013, 19:58

have only been able to get the chapel to shift.  any rooms that are overlapped can be messed with.  Most are in the chapel but there are some in clock tower and the 1 in outer wall and and the castle keep is buggy too.  Where you actually able to shift the one in the clock tower?  That i have not seen done

*EDIT

Actually i do remember years ago (like pre wolf glitch) that a glitcher named Feiji had used death tech and then went to the upper hole where the cloaked knight was and was pushed to the right and into the floor outside and was able to exit that way. its a pretty complex method to get outside compared to the methods we have now days, but that's how things were back then.

There is a lot of weird stuff that goes on in this area and is bound to produce something, it just hasn't been found yet.
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset   PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Icon_minitimeThu 03 Oct 2013, 22:22

Death tech was tested a lot. It's hard to find new tricks with it now. I remember feiji's site. Lot's of cool tricks with lots of japanese language, hahaha I remember looking to the pic's and asking myself: how he did it?

nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset   PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Icon_minitimeTue 08 Oct 2013, 03:45

I wish Feiji had made some videos..I would watch them too many times lol! 

so I made a video of the 4 Clock tower death techs for the records...

Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset   PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Icon_minitimeTue 08 Oct 2013, 09:07

the one in the diplo room is only a half shift. the cursor position is only moved a bit and you are technically not shifted fully so that it would register a new room. its an oddball trick that nothing ever came up. Maybe we gave up too soon on it. also seemed only ever found here. maybe another spot?

I have the movie from feiji that shows the death tech that you are looking for. I think its more of an animated gif i think. Give me a few days to find it. its on cd somewhere. I think the only thing it shows different then yours was he went up through the hole to the cloaked knight as mist and that got him stuck in the wall just beside where you ended up. He was able to get out from there.

Also note the load room to teleporter room in outer wall is also an overlap room but have not shifted it before.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset   PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Icon_minitimeWed 09 Oct 2013, 15:49

Pale-Dim wrote:
Also note the load room to teleporter room in outer wall is also an overlap room but have not shifted it before.
Cool, I will have to try and shift that area too...cyclops 
Back to top Go down
jack.w
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
jack.w

Number of posts : 987
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset   PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Icon_minitimeWed 09 Oct 2013, 18:21

Tempos atrás eu fiz alguns testes com a DEATH TECH em Clock Tower, na época pude observar que é possível  substituir uma MIST-UP  por DEATH TECH (nessa fase). Também encontrei alguns efeitos engraçados.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbc5h5ITncU&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by jack.w on Wed 09 Oct 2013, 22:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jack.w
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
jack.w

PostSubject: Re: PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset   PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Icon_minitimeWed 09 Oct 2013, 19:11

Efeitos legais com Deatch tech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsnrW6dxFbU&feature=youtu.be
Back to top Go down
jack.w
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
jack.w

PostSubject: Re: PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset   PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Icon_minitimeThu 10 Oct 2013, 01:26

nathan7878 wrote:
I wish Feiji had made some videos..I would watch them too many times lol! 

so I made a video of the 4 Clock tower death techs for the records...

Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset   PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Icon_minitimeThu 10 Oct 2013, 01:40

Very Interesting, if only we could find a way to keep moving to the left with the Earth Shaker tech...and make it register as a white block.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset   PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Icon_minitimeSat 19 Oct 2013, 11:58

I wanted to do some testing with the map reset glitch, but have been having some difficulty getting it to work...
As always I am using Jap version 1.0, and could only find these 2 videos on youtube.

From watching the videos it seems that the key is just using the sword brothers
spell and switching swords and other items to make the glitch work...is this the key
to getting the glitch to work scratch

Oh yeah...and stupid question...what is soft reset on PSX...I always forget lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset   PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PSX Matrix Room/S4R/Earthshaker/Map Reset
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next