Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

http://sotn.heliohost.org/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video. Empty
PostSubject: Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video.   Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video. Icon_minitimeSat 09 May 2015, 09:40

I am only about 20 minutes into the video but will watch the rest tonight.

WOW! So excited. we are sure to learn a lot.

http://www.destructoid.com/watch-iga-play-symphony-of-the-night-with-double-fine-291807.phtml
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

Number of posts : 1206
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video.   Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video. Icon_minitimeSat 09 May 2015, 10:00

lol! too funny, I was just about to post this... yeah, this is way cool.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video.   Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video. Icon_minitimeSat 09 May 2015, 22:12

1:40:05 Just for fun I checked all 8 Outer Walls in the coding, no pieces of Alucard's Room were found lol!

1:04:30 Darkness Edge hun? seems like IGA is saying the sound bit may still be on the JAP 1.0 ISO, that would be cool to find.
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video.   Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video. Icon_minitimeSat 09 May 2015, 23:24

Some notes i took while watching

First off.. this girl is terrible at this game.  she should have practiced more.  it was hard to watch

320 pixel is standard psx Resolution this game uses 356.. somehow

When in CD rooms the game only loads what is NOT shared.  leaves shared data in memory

You can use your shield to push ghosts away.  I never knew!!!

the 2 books in the library closest to the librarian's room.  if you stand in the middle of both books and kill both books together it will drop a 1000g bag. 1:49:12 of the video.  Tested this somewhat but i was on a high luck gamefile and it did drop bags but paulo thinks it may be the high luck.  can someone else try this a bit with low luck.

Iga Comments on how each window in the librarian's menu is animated differently.  he coded this.

Programmers of boss fights were required to be able to beat the boss without being hit once before that boss could be included.

Things that never made it in the game.

Cut Skills:
Darkness Edge - Sword Familiar skill.  Sword would say "Be sliced To Pieces" Alucard would day "And Die".  They would say "Darkness Edge" Together.  These may have been switch though

Alucard was suppose to have his own Room in the game.  There would be a "skeleton Carpenter" in this room.  As your progressed in the game you room would get larger.  There would be items you could find in the game and use them to decorate your room.  Alucards room was suppose to be at the save room at the top of the Outer wall.  Paulo thinks the autograph was an item that was suppose to go here

They were thinking on using some skeletons to replace the broken candles in the order you broke them in.  and if you found the skeletons that would be replacing the candles and you killed them then they candles would not respawn.

The vase at the bottom of the outer wall was going to sprout roses the longer you watched the eagles
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video.   Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video. Icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2015, 00:11

Pale-Dim wrote:
First off.. this girl is terrible at this game.  she should have practiced more.  it was hard to watch

I literally had stop the video 4 times and each time take a 15 minute break because of how angry it was making me, I started to get a headache Mad

Honestly, the video was interesting and infuriating all at the same time... maybe more for us hard core glitchers and speed runners because we were all thinking of super good questions for IGA, knowing this guy and girl did not have a good enough knowledge of the game to ask them.

and I'm sorry but even a Noob at SOTN should have had the common sense to ask about the big toss death skip  Neutral, like did IGA realize people would use it to skip death, or did he intentionally make it that way.

It was like you meet god, and then don't even ask him the meaning of life lol!

but none the less I'm still glad they had the idea to do this video and appreciated it for what is was.
Back to top Go down
NITM-T
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
NITM-T

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2013-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video.   Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video. Icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2015, 03:39

Pale-Dim wrote:

You can use your shield to push ghosts away.  I never knew!!!

the 2 books in the library closest to the librarian's room.  if you stand in the middle of both books and kill both books together it will drop a 1000g bag. 1:49:12 of the video.  Tested this somewhat but i was on a high luck gamefile and it did drop bags but paulo thinks it may be the high luck. can someone else try this a bit with low luck.

Alucard was suppose to have his own Room in the game.  There would be a "skeleton Carpenter" in this room.  As your progressed in the game you room would get larger.  There would be items you could find in the game and use them to decorate your room.  Alucards room was suppose to be at the save room at the top of the Outer wall.  Paulo thinks the autograph was an item that was suppose to go here

About Ghosts, you can see several things like that on Jack's video about Curiosities With Enemies.

I tried, but I think that was luck from girl to get $ 1,000 at first time.
I was 8 LCK and defeated several times the Speelbook, but nothing happened, not even with the Bible Sub-Weapon.

I never imagined that, as to this day, I do not know what use the photo item.
But in Harmony of Dissonance, Juste, can put several items to decorate a room in the game.
Perhaps this idea has been in the projects and decided to put this another game and such.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCnIn62GVeVaqfHHGBMNqkA
NITM-T
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
NITM-T

PostSubject: Re: Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video.   Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video. Icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2015, 04:06

I can not grab everything, but the parties subtitled gave me a good idea. Because that guy and that girl ... Rolling Eyes

He does not like the dubbing and translation US, this is normal for some players hahaha.
The Japanese version is cool, but I still prefer the American voice.
Perhaps for other games, music, movies and other things that Americans do I love you .

Man, I never imagined those cicadas at the beginning!!!

Thankfully, they decided to put: "What?" than "Noooo" and "You Took My stuff" or something. Like, I would be kind of stupid to another world warrior with thousands of years old and with so much experience in the battles and such.

"Who's Zoe?". Man, I laughed a lot with that. lol! lol! My brother told me once who was that Zoe.
After all, Iga, spoke right. Some translations have nothing to do with.

I did not know of the existence of that PC Engine Duo. Cool!!

"Lost Painting". Yeah this is my favorite song in the game, too haha.

When passing the Timeline, they forgot some games and Order of Ecclesia is in 1800. Two years after Nocturne of Recollection.

Anyone else noticed that have someone else playing or perhaps a video for girl see what she has to do?
It is clearly shown that the part against Lord Plate, in Marble Gallery.

It was a cool video to watch, but the gameplay gives a fucking headache hahaha.
One more thing, I think Iga, looking at the chick's legs, sometimes haha.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video.   Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video. Icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2015, 07:42

NITM-T wrote:
One more thing, I think Iga, looking at the chick's legs, sometimes haha.
lol!

someolddude wrote:

You guys complain about the girl not asking the proper and interesting questions we would, I think this is staged and planned this way.

Imagine some of us playing there. "Hey Iga ur game is so broken!! look!!!".

Yeah, I didn't mean just sit there and point out glitch after glitch, that would come off bad...
but kinda like Pale is saying, the chick should have practiced for a day or so, that way she
at least knew where to go in the castle... and maybe tweet out what questions people would
like them to ask IGA , and use the top ones for a script.... that is what most people do.

Imagine you were going to interview the top programmer for Super Mario World and play the game in front of him... and
the specific programmer rarely does interviews about the game. Wouldn't you get on the internet and research some good
questions, and practice maybe the day before just to remind yourself of how the game flow goes?

But, its all good... they did it the way they wanted, and I am still grateful they did the video...
the Alucard Room thing made my day, it was so interesting.
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video.   Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video. Icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2015, 19:56

"Whats the CD word means?"

The dumbest question ever, haha I like the video and the wine thing while playing. So cool!

Paledim and I talked about the money trick yesterday. It's probably a mistranslation (japanese to english). Some people (on real life) hide money in books. I believe he was talking about it and not about a new secret. Anyways, she does not killed both books at the same time. The first book from the left dies first then the second dies dropping the money. It's sad... Sad

https://castlevania.darkbb.com
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video.   Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video. Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2015, 19:33

paulo1179 wrote:
"Whats the CD word means?" The dumbest question ever,
Haha, I agree... look what we have here Very Happy https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night
Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video. 2015-012
Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video. 17327097140_d8275f3be0_b
Back to top Go down
NITM-T
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
NITM-T

PostSubject: Re: Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video.   Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video. Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2015, 20:35

I knew this day would come!
Check it out, I found this http://swordorwhip.com/ and knew Iga, would not let us down cheers

Now I will download the video to watch. This girl reminded me Shanoa, I like her
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video.   Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video. Icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2015, 07:40

SOTN Glitches with IGA, Romscout and Turbodog.

Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video.   Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video. Icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2015, 10:36

Now that's the video we should have seen a few days ago. Its great that romscout was able to have that opportunity to do what he did. I really like that IGA was supportive with our cause. I like that IGA had seen some of the tricks before and was aware of them, But really see's no need to fix them. Like he said if you have played this game for that many hours you can do whatever you want. LOL.

I am glad that we did have our hands in this happening as many of us are the reasons why these glitches were found.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video.   Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video. Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2015, 15:15

Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video.   Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video. Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2015, 22:29

Iga is crazy nuts, hahaha

This is an animated gif that i did 10 years ago:

Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video. Mario

https://castlevania.darkbb.com
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video.   Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video. Icon_minitimeThu 17 Sep 2015, 20:23

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video.   Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watch IGA Play SOTN 2+ Hour Video.
Page 1 of 1