Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

http://sotn.heliohost.org/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
STUVash
STUVash

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-03-28

Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN Empty
PostSubject: Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN   Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN Icon_minitimeSat 30 Mar 2013, 09:39

youtube.com/watch?v=azX6hxc1z78

I made this video to make some noise and it led me here... I'm looking for somekind of giant swords that can be thrown horizontally (if I remember correcly) and are 8 times longer than alucard and ... at least taller than him I think.

This is an old story i've told to every castlevania players I've met. Basically I was playing Castlevania on my PsOne, and with some paper scratchin the cd a bit (see description of the video for the whole story), games kinda glitch at the 4th wolf at the beginning of the game with alucard and I was throwing giant swords, had lot of ATT, different weapon. I didn't take photo at that time (I was lot younger), I tried to save and reboot but that thing wasn't here anymore...

So now I'm trying to find those swords again, without damaging any CD xD

Any ideas ?

nathan7878 led me here as you can see in the video comments, I started to look up at the IDs a bit (even if apparently he's doing a greater job ~) and we still didn't find it. Any help is welcome =)

Last edited by STUVash on Sat 30 Mar 2013, 14:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

Number of posts : 1353
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN   Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN Icon_minitimeSat 30 Mar 2013, 12:55

Welcome to our forum! We did several tests with the weapons codes (like you did on the movie) but NEVER found a huge sword. There is a very rare kind of glitch that happens with the console software and it can do weird things like this. MAYBE you glitched the Runesword.

The code used to equip weapons will glitch the game too. It can equip everything, hahaha Everything has atributes!

Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN 23

Even with the "equip everything code" we never found a secret big weapon.

https://castlevania.darkbb.com
STUVash
STUVash

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN   Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN Icon_minitimeSat 30 Mar 2013, 13:44

Thanks, I'm barely passing by though I ain't a pure glitcher xD.

Thanks for trying to help and... If that's how it is then what should I do ? trying to get it again and record it ? :/

Or maybe the fact I ran it on a PsOne changed something too ? Felt like scratching the CD was definitely what made the glitch occured though ... hmmm...

Then if I were to get it on an emulator how would it be ? I'd have to screw the game like if I were scratching the cd with a paper ? XD

Aw... dunno if I can try to get it with a copy; if there's a place to scratch on a real copy it would be with the paper on a PsOne... scratch

But that's funny, I mean, the sword sprite didn't look fucked up like any glitch, it felt like it was a real weapon bounce

Oh and like I said it was right at the beginning, I didn't do anything on purpose, I had alucard default stuff (Alucard Sword, ...) and it occured ... just like that

Maybe I should find a way to extract all the sprites of the game and see if I can find it study
You know any guy that extracted all sprites from the game ? not just makin' screenshots and cleaning huh, talkin' about the real sprites files

If there's none... then I could try to hook someone on it and eventually find the sword if it exists but it would take some time.

Last edited by STUVash on Sat 30 Mar 2013, 16:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN   Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN Icon_minitimeSat 30 Mar 2013, 16:30

I went from 0 to about 1500 with Cheat Engine, moving 1 number up then pressing the start menu. After a couple of hours,
I decide to just move up 1 number with out going to the start menu...just looking for the animation of Alucard throwing or when I hit
a interesting animation...and went up to about 2000 or 3000, and didn't find the Giant Sword.

Then I went in reverse from 65535 down, because in reverse 65535 comes after 0 in 2 byte.....went down to about 64000.

Then I went from 0 to about 3000 in the sub weapons...but no luck.

Then went from about 0 to 1000 on Sega Saturn....but no luck.

I will try some new stuff...maybe try and mix weapons together.

Back to top Go down
STUVash
STUVash

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN   Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN Icon_minitimeSat 30 Mar 2013, 16:32

what about the sprites ? If I can get to see them we'll be able to tell if the sprite is original or just something that went Epicly glitched (since it didn't look like it
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN   Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN Icon_minitimeSat 30 Mar 2013, 16:45

That could work too, I have pulled the sprite file from the CD before...but could never find the program to open the file.
The only Hacker I have ever seen edit the actual game and sprites is Esco 1979 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrBd2v_ZKWc
http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com/

STUVash do you remember what was equip in your other hand when you had the Giant Sword?

Back to top Go down
STUVash
STUVash

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN   Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN Icon_minitimeSat 30 Mar 2013, 17:08

After it changed ? No.
Before ? Default stuff from the beginning... It's been years since I did that glitch even my PsOne is broken atm xD
I just happenned to get to a new school this year and we always speak about games and stuff (apparently I couldn't do that in the previous ones >.>)

And I spoke about that glitch again, and I got more interested... Now it's not that I didn't try to do it again but it just randomly appeared so I can't do it by myself. Luck did all the work :/

So with the time I got familiar with Cheat Engine I just had the idea to mess with the game recently... sorry if I'm not helpin' at all Sad

Now this Esco 1979 guy... Let's contact him to get the sprites if he has them, if not I'm gonna ask someone that can do it scratch

Also if there's an original sprite and that I got it extracted then we can follow where that sprite is used and maybe get that weapon in the end... This is most likely the best way to find it bounce
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN   Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN Icon_minitimeSat 30 Mar 2013, 17:24

Try contacting him through his web page http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com/ pirat

I don't think he is a member on this forum.

I will start trying to mix two handed swords with other weapons with Cheat Engine. cyclops
Back to top Go down
STUVash
STUVash

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN   Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN Icon_minitimeSat 30 Mar 2013, 17:34

Let's wait for a reply now... Sleep

Dunno if it can help but when I was lookin' for this awesome weapon (without anything of course) I was hoping the Claymore was this one, maybe the glitch weapon had this icon in the menu or maybe was it called Claymore too. As you can see my memory is kinda screwing with me, best way is really to check the sprites
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

Number of posts : 1353
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN   Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 15:31

I hate esco. He is the second most boring person on Castlevania world, hahaha. He does NOT like to share. If you really want to find someone who really hacked this game then try to find a guy nicknamed "iamstillhiro" (he discovered the debug room). He worked a lot on SotN using hack tools years ago. Maybe you can ask him about the big sword.

Start your "quest" here: http://0xffff.org/vb/threads/790-To-iamstillhiro-help-with-quot-richter-can-collect-relics-q

https://castlevania.darkbb.com
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN   Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013, 20:51

Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant Paulo lol!
Back to top Go down
STUVash
STUVash

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN   Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN Icon_minitimeTue 02 Apr 2013, 16:53

paulo1179 wrote:
I hate esco. hahaha. He does NOT like to share.

Indeed...

Esco wrote:
All sprites have already LONG since been discovered. There is no hidden weapon sprite.

Also I do not share resources from the engine. They are released to EVERYONE at the same time.

Didn't help me at all :/

And... I'm not sure where I am supposed to look. Guys I want <<THE>> list of sprites. Guess no one likes to share it on the net ... why is it so hard to find sprites that
Esco wrote:
have already LONG since been discovered

Guess I'll have to mess up the game to get the sprites archive sooner or later...? study
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN   Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN Icon_minitimeTue 02 Apr 2013, 17:54

Esco wrote:
All sprites have already LONG since been discovered. There is no hidden weapon sprite.

Also I do not share resources from the engine. They are released to EVERYONE at the same time.

The sprite sheets may have long since been discovered, but not very many people have them or know how to open the files.
The problem is the program that it takes to open them is a old school version of VISUAL BASICS...it is very hard to find...and
does not seem to work with all windows operating systems. But esco could be right, since he probably has seen all the sprite sheets...the
Big Sword could have been a glitched version of one of Alucard's sword sprites...or one of the sword sprites used by a enemy in the game.

paulo1179 wrote:
If you really want to find someone who really hacked this game then try to find a guy nicknamed "iamstillhiro" (he discovered the debug room). He worked a lot on SotN using hack tools years ago. Maybe you can ask him about the big sword.

Start your "quest" here: http://0xffff.org/vb/threads/790-To-iamstillhiro-help-with-quot-richter-can-collect-relics-q

I would try iamstillhiro like Paulo said...he is a very good hacker. afro
Back to top Go down
STUVash
STUVash

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN   Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN Icon_minitimeTue 02 Apr 2013, 18:14

The program to read such files can be created it shouldn't be that hard, I know someone who could do it.

As for iamstillhiro... I guess it's "MathUser" Question

Let's contact him... study

Edit: I can't see the email activation in my gmail inbox even though GameHacking says it sended one... what now Sad
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN   Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN Icon_minitimeTue 02 Apr 2013, 18:59

Here are the contents of the Catlevania SOTN CD http://www.filedropper.com/1_38 (It is the E3 Version...so it has more sprites)

The VB files are the sprites...if you can get a program to open them.

STUVash wrote:
Edit: I can't see the email activation in my gmail inbox even though GameHacking says it sended one... what now Sad

So I guess you are trying to activate your account...some times the email takes a couple hours to get into your inbox.

Back to top Go down
STUVash
STUVash

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN   Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN Icon_minitimeTue 02 Apr 2013, 19:58

Thanks ... It may takes a bit longer but I'll get someone on it whenever I can. Let's wait & see Sleep
Back to top Go down
STUVash
STUVash

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN   Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jun 2013, 19:41

My apologies for the late response, got studies and stuff to do...
In the end I couldn't get someone to work on it and, to be honest, I don't feel like lookin' for it myself anymore.

Sorry and yet if you find something about it, feel free to let me know. Thank you for your time and attention.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN   Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jun 2013, 20:27

All good brother Wink
At least we made a record for future players seeking a starting point for information Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN 493925076
Back to top Go down
jack.w
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
jack.w

Number of posts : 987
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN   Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jun 2013, 23:59

Eu tenho todos os Sprites normais e alguns estranhos, mas, nenhum sobre sobre animação de itens usados. O que mais aproximo disto são ícones de armas com cor diferente no Inventário ( possivelmente).
olhem essas fotos que fiz a algum tempo.
Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN Itens_10

na verdade eu procurava poe esse item Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN Escudo10 existente penas na versão de SS, mas que, com GS, já coloquei ele no meu Inventário.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN   Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hidden Giant Sword-Throw weapon in Castlevania SOTN
Page 1 of 1