Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

http://sotn.heliohost.org/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

Number of posts : 1221
Registration date : 2012-09-16

Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery   Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Icon_minitimeSun 26 May 2013, 23:49

Look where team work gets us... Very Happy

... and here is the updated way...

Last edited by nathan7878 on Tue 12 Aug 2014, 16:32; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery   Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Icon_minitimeSun 26 May 2013, 23:56

Incredible!!! Try to make it on the psx ver!! Now, we can search for more load spots, huh??

Max % raised up (saturn non s4r map)! \o/

https://castlevania.darkbb.com
jack.w
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
jack.w

Number of posts : 987
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery   Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Icon_minitimeMon 27 May 2013, 03:45

Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Mapa_s10
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery   Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Icon_minitimeMon 27 May 2013, 11:40

who would have thought a load spot just out of map reach. can you imagine the possibilities of more. maybe my dream will come true soon, legit programmers room load! So excited.

edit: got a hold of bug he is working on this too. so far 220 hr's down on psx version and no load Sad
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery   Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Icon_minitimeMon 27 May 2013, 15:42

I was thinking the same thing about the Programmers Room...

What is very important is, the room Bug starts in when sinking with the HRs.

Because like I said in the other topic, the Forest Entrance would not load from any other area except this part of the Castle Entrance.
Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Pic44_10

If Bug could start in a CD Load Room it would probably be his best chance,

Also, the HR Sink Trick seems to work best when you go through the side of the load point, not from the top.

So starting in a CD Load Room then going through the side of the Programmers CD Load Room here or here, would probably be the best chance cyclops
Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Untitl16
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery   Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Icon_minitimeMon 27 May 2013, 16:49

let me see if i understand this. the forest will load as long as you sink from the entrance to that row of rooms? it doesn't need to be in the exact room you did all the Heart Refreshes?
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery   Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Icon_minitimeMon 27 May 2013, 17:15

Yes, exactly right....

For some reason, only certain areas can load from one to another.

So sinking from the Underground Garden to the Forest Entrance will not load...but sinking from any of the purple highlighted Castle Entrance area to the Forest Entrance area will load...I think this is because the Forest Entrance was coded to load into the Castle Entrance...or vice versa.

So that is why I think going from a Random CD Loading Room to the Programmers CD Loading Room might work best...since a CD Loading Room was
coded to be connected to the Programmers Room.
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery   Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Icon_minitimeMon 27 May 2013, 20:22

oki got yeah.

yeah each area is coded that way. that's how we are able to get to ceilings/floors of some area's without loading the area nearby.

I Know there is a no barriers code for psx where you can fly around the whole map outside of the boundries (this is different then the no walls codes). This may be the code we need to use to look just outside the normal boundry to find the hidden load spots. we could remove the boundries and search around the nearby area and then try again the next zone. maybe this code exists on saturn version also and you could check the reverse forest entrance and see if its up there.

I think this was one of the codes for the boundries for psx. but i think its only the right side boundry. maybe you can adjust the code. I am just pulling this from my PEC database so not exactly sure. I didn't make these

800730C8 2DB2

there is another listed also but has a 2nd line. the first line may be a turn on/off button combo though, im not sure
D0097490 0001
800730C8 2DB2

Got a 3rd one also. This one is X+L2 Boundry
D0097490 0041
80073404 2DB2
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery   Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Icon_minitimeMon 27 May 2013, 23:23

Yeah, this is the full No Boundaries code for PSX...
800730C8 2DB2
800730C7 2DB2
800730C3 2DB2
800730CC 2DB2

The problem is it removes all boundaries, but also seems to removes all Loading Spots.

I started making a No Boundaries code for Saturn too, but the same problem happened...once the boundaries were gone
the Loading Spots were gone too. Mad

But for some strange reason the No Walls code for Saturn lets you move down with No Boundaries, and the Loading Spots are still there.

This is how I got into the Regular Forest Entrance on Saturn with the No Walls Action Replay code...and
why I can't fly up into the Inverted Forest Entrance, because the No Walls code will only let me fly down with No Boundaries and Loading Spots.

Hopefully there is a way to add a additional line of code to the No Walls Saturn code, so we can fly up and down
with No Boundaries and Loading Spots.

That's one of the things I am working on now.

Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery   Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2013, 20:34

nathan7878 wrote:
The problem is it removes all boundaries, but also seems to removes all Loading Spots.

This is weird and a good finding anyways. Playing with no walls code and without removing load spots must give us new findings. Our old dream about entering debug room without codes has a chance now \o/ Keep working dude!

nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery   Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Icon_minitimeThu 30 May 2013, 01:53

Okay, I have been doing a lot of work...and it has paid off big time Very Happy

I have found a way to get into the Normal Forest Entrance on PSX, and a way to find Loading Rooms on PSX.

This technique will help us find a Loading Room for the Programmers Room...if it exists scratch

I had to use Gameshark to give Alucard Heart Refreshers and the Duplicator, unless or untill we can
find a Load Point that can reload the Normal Castle Entrance A.

Gameshark codes

Remove Boundaries from the top and bottom of screen.
800730C7 2DB2
800730CC 2DB2

No Walls
800730A8 0000

Moon Walk
80072F20 0001
D0097490 4040
80072F20 0000

I am now starting to think that this Ghost Room in the Programmers Room (Highlighted in Orange)
is the most likely to be a Loading Spot...since it is similar to the Ghost Room that Loads the Forest Entrance.
Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Untitl17

Last edited by nathan7878 on Thu 30 May 2013, 07:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery   Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Icon_minitimeThu 30 May 2013, 04:44

190 HRs??? geek

I did it several times with a single ET. Just open a shift line on the very first room (towards the passageway to the right) then fly up through it. ET works with 2 HRs. 190 is not needed. As an alternative way you can use the wall grab towards the big gate (about 20 HRs or less).

Keep working on the load spots! Razz

Here is a movie showing the ET on 0:35 (just do the same tech on Entrance!):

nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery   Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Icon_minitimeThu 30 May 2013, 06:13

lol! I didn't even think about doing it that way...that's why I am a student and you are the sensei lol!

Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery   Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Icon_minitimeThu 30 May 2013, 08:46

when you did that on psx did it actually open rooms on the map?

also could you not have used a lower room to start the sink from? and thus lower the amount of HR's needed to get down that low?

on getting a opening sequence again does the teleporter reset glitch in the keep reset everything?
Back to top Go down
jack.w
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
jack.w

PostSubject: Re: Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery   Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Icon_minitimeThu 30 May 2013, 12:21

seria legal se, de entrance "B" fossemos para Floresta e de lá para Entrance "A", no SS isso daria 1 LMU a mais para Alucard. Sem contar que ela poderia até dar %.
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery   Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Icon_minitimeThu 30 May 2013, 14:07

jack.w wrote:
seria legal se, de entrance "B" fossemos para Floresta e de lá para Entrance "A", no SS isso daria 1 LMU a mais para Alucard. Sem contar que ela poderia até dar %.

Heart max up.

jack.w
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
jack.w

PostSubject: Re: Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery   Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Icon_minitimeThu 30 May 2013, 16:46

paulo1179 wrote:
o HMU você já pega fácil já pega, me refiro ao LMU que tem na primeira sala, se poder chegar em Entrance "A" depois que pegar ao menos o BAT.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery   Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Icon_minitimeFri 31 May 2013, 21:41

Pale-Dim wrote:
when you did that on psx did it actually open rooms on the map?
also could you not have used a lower room to start the sink from? and thus lower the amount of HR's needed to get down that low?

No, it did not open any rooms, because for some reason after sinking into the Forest Entrance
with HRs on PSX it will not show you your location on the map...just like when you come through
the Forest Entrance when starting a new game.

The reason I chose that room specifically is because it was the only room I could get the Forest Entrance to load
from while testing with Gameshark. I think this is because it is the only room that has a wall directly inline with the
Forest Entrance Load Room. So sinking with HRs from a room lower down might work, but at the time of the
video I only knew for sure it would work from the room I used.
Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Mapex_10

Now with the Technique I showed in the video to located compatible loading areas on the map, finding a
location that is compatible with the Programmers Room may soon happen. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery   Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Icon_minitimeSat 01 Jun 2013, 00:23

ok, then depending on where the load room is for programmers.

if its the left side of the ghost room then line it up with the last room in the right lake in the caves.

if its the right side of the ghost room then its most likely going to be the left side of the doppleganger room or the room below it. it would have to be the lower room since if you did it in the upper you would fall through to the lower. so it must be the room with the 2 axeknights.

it sort of comes down to which area its actually connected to in order for the load to actually happen
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery   Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Icon_minitimeSat 01 Jun 2013, 23:51

Exactly... Wink

I have also been working on trying to get into the Inverted Forest Entrance on Saturn.

I now strongly believe that it does not exist.

Using the Action Replay codes for moving your position on the map...Horizontal 3605CE6B 0000 and Vertical 3605CE6F 0000.

It is possible to Load Alucard into the Normal Forest Entrance from any area in the Normal Castle Entrance.

But when trying to do the same in the Inverted Castle Entrance, there is no Loading Point for the Inverted Forest
Entrance that can be reached using this method.

Which sucks...would have been cool to add some more rooms to the Non Castle Keep S4R Saturn Map Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery   Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Icon_minitimeSun 02 Jun 2013, 14:17

nathan7878 wrote:
Using the Action Replay codes for moving your position on the map...Horizontal 3605CE6B 0000 and Vertical 3605CE6F 0000.

Great codes. Works like psx ones?

nathan7878 wrote:
Which sucks...would have been cool to add some more rooms to the Non Castle Keep S4R Saturn Map Crying or Very sad

Castle Keep and Anti-Chapel. lol

nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery   Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Icon_minitimeSun 02 Jun 2013, 20:13

Yeah... lol!
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery   Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jun 2013, 01:50

In the last couple of weeks, I have put many hours trying to get into the Programmers Room...
From new ideas...to failing..to new ideas...and once again failing... Evil or Very Mad

I still believe it could be possible...but damn this is a hell of a fucking puzzle...lol!
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery   Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jun 2013, 21:00

We need to find where all the loads spots are then try to reach then with HRs. Maybe esco knows?! This guy is a &%¨*().

nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery   Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jun 2013, 14:56

lol! Yeah he might know, but won't share with us lol!

I will just have to try and come up with a better method for
finding them with Game Shark.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery   Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loading Areas 2nd Programmers Room/3rd Marble Gallery
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next