Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

http://sotn.heliohost.org/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]

Go down 
+3
pirate_sephiroth
paulo1179
nathan7878
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2012-09-16

Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Dec 2013, 15:41

New Record By Romscout 17:42 http://www.twitch.tv/romscout/c/3453517
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Feb 2014, 09:04

New record by Sockfolder 13:37 ...using the SOS glitch in the library to edit memory address in the game.

Start watching at 1:57:49 http://www.twitch.tv/sockfolder/b/506995128

...keep watching after the record to learn how the glitch works... it has a lot to do with coding and is
quite complicated, but quite interesting  Wink
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 02 Mar 2014, 16:24

lol!

This topic is discussed here too http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=396&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=340
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Aug 2014, 23:53

New Record by Cosmo 11:02... very impressive Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Aug 2014, 04:46

Record is now 9:22 by Cosmo again...

For some reason Twitch muted the audio http://www.twitch.tv/cosmowright/c/5020380
So Cosmo uploaded the raw video footage on Youtube.

Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Aug 2014, 03:00

Great to see the new techs on the run. The one on 5:53 is hard to do on the first try.

8:47 still an amazing thing, hahaha.

https://castlevania.darkbb.com
kuraudo
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
kuraudo

Number of posts : 861
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Aug 2014, 15:41

Symphony of the Night, surprising people since 1997.
Awesome videos.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Sep 2014, 09:32

Cosmo 8:52...

Glitches in the run explained https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc56JEd1qxA
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Feb 2015, 19:11

I wanted to post this for people that may not follow the SOTN speed runners closely,
this is a new glitch ForgoneMoose and Eliwood LP found...

Also, if you do enjoy watching the SOTN speed runs, you might want to check on
these 3 guys twitch channels' from time to time...
http://www.twitch.tv/romscout/profile
http://www.twitch.tv/dr4gonblitz/profile
http://www.twitch.tv/benauton/profile

They are the ones that raced live at AGDQ 2015 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o408drfNVU
So pretty much they are the fastest SOTN speed runners there are, and recently they have been
battling it out for the No Save Corruption Fastest Alucard Any % Glitch Real Time Speed Run...

Romscout has had the World Record for a long time, but recently dr4gonblitz stole it, and then literally
hours later Benauton took it from dr4gonblitz... so it's been quite interesting to watch.

Here is the current No Save Corruption Fastest Alucard Any % Glitch Real Time Speed Run by BenAuton...
http://www.twitch.tv/benauton/c/6030668
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Feb 2015, 22:02

There's a similiar glitch on xbox version found years ago.

https://castlevania.darkbb.com
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2015, 17:15

paulo1179 wrote:
There's a similiar glitch on xbox version found years ago.
Yeah, just like the Richter skip, I am sure there are many ways to accomplish this glitch too albino

someolddude wrote:
Wtf, how does that work exactly? Never saw such bug on the library..

Pretty much you are just using the wolf to jump over the area that causes the camera to pan down to
the next level, you can use this same tech to skip Richter. Here is a video from Turbodog702 that
explains how to use the tech to skip Richter... and a video that show the tech in the library slowed down.

Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2015, 02:39

I am fairly sure they are all playing on the 360 version since the load times are very short and thus this exclusive glitch works at this spot.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2015, 16:07

I tested it and it works on PSX too...
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2015, 19:51

neat, I never tried it on psx and only ever seen it on the 360 version long ago. There is really no reason for it not to exist. I think i remember doing one in Marble gallery by accident too.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2015, 09:08

Here is the new ACE route I made, now I just have to get good at speed running so I can beat Cosmo lol!
Back to top Go down
NITM-T
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
NITM-T

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2013-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Apr 2015, 04:00

Excellent! Now I can see clearly how doing the Glitched Ending!
Yeah this way, you can make much faster Speedrun and such Basketball
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCnIn62GVeVaqfHHGBMNqkA
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr 2015, 17:41

New World Record by ?????? ME!!!! lol! 8:20 ...

Thanks guys... I could not have done this with out your
years of guidance and support, this one is for are team I love you

Back to top Go down
NITM-T
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
NITM-T

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr 2015, 19:31

Congratulations bro, this was a great Speedrun!!!
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2015, 07:54

The highlight of the run for me was the trick to get past the cannon. I knew someone would come up with a way to do it. Great job. the rest was over my head. But i know its all about the save corruption. Great job.

I am not sure what the purpose of dying at dracula was though.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2015, 14:55

Pale-Dim wrote:
Great job. the rest was over my head.  But i know its all about the save corruption.  Great job.
I am not sure what the purpose of dying at dracula was though.
Some of the speed runners where asking if I could make a video to explain the run so they can run it too,
so I probably will... it is way funner to watch when you actually know what exactly is happening LOL,
but it really does just take time to grasp all the details, no matter how good the video explanation is...
I really had to watch Sockfolder and Cosmos videos dozes of times and go through a bunch of really frustrating
testing to full understand how it works, and I am very familiar with hex editors... but the more videos that are
made about it the easier it will be to understand it fully with out glitchers/speed runners having to go through all
the frustrating testing too, and then it will become common place for us, I going to try and make the video very good
quality and keep it as simple as possible, so that anybody should be able to watch the video and the perform the run
with no problem.

Oh, I died at the Dracula fight so I could get a potion to start off with, and when I picked up the second potion it
turned the first potion into a library card.

Pale, you have a real Playstation 1 and legit Castlevania SOTN disc, right?

NITM-T wrote:
Beautiful, just beautiful!! Eu já tinha feito umas edições alegria, mas essa é a primeira com o Camtasia "até rimou" hehehe
Agredeço ao Paulo e ao Jack, por me indicaram o programa e passar umas dicas!

Essa variação do Save Glitch, serve para você roubar os Stats de outra gravação para se usado em uma nova.
Você pode roubar de Alucard para ele mesmo, para Richter, e de Richter para Alucard, mas infelizmente, eu não achei como trazer as Relics de Richter para Alucard. Então, que quiser tentar aí depois hehe

Testado agora sem saves, o cara recupara quase tudo! Se tipo o cara perde os saves no MC ou dar aquele bode de formatar, é só fazer essa variação pra recuparar a gravação cheers
cheers This is so awesome, good video man... When I was testing the Hard Save Glitch, the same thing was happening to me too,
I even teleported to a different save point then the one I saved at... did that ever happen to you scratch
Back to top Go down
NITM-T
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
NITM-T

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2015, 22:44

Wow! Seriously!? This is really cool! But never happened to me, though.
What happened was I change the characters, I was Alucard, and when I Load the game, Richter appeared, but only get to do this twice and such.
I tried to find the right spot for it, but nothing came of it.
This Save Glitch It is very complicated and anything command makes a perfect variation and sometimes imperfect, or no results.

This Hard Reset, is something that I started tests recently and I discovered this trick to get the stats of another Save. It is very cool!
I see a possibility of a Speedrun with the two characters, I think it will be very cool teamwork  lol!

And thanks for like my video Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by NITM-T on Wed 29 Apr 2015, 02:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NITM-T
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
NITM-T

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2015, 07:35

Hey Nathan, check this out:

I did a Speedrun demo to show my idea of a supreme Speedrun where the two characters go to the end of the game, and with your theory of teleportation Save Points, this could make a Speedrun in less than 2 minutes in Game Time!

I think we can find out a lot things even with this Hard Save Glitch!
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2015, 15:11

lol! That is f*ucking hilarious...
Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 2015-011
Yes, we need to master the Hard Reset Save Glitch Teleport,
I was using PSXfin 1.13 when it happened, it was between these save points...
Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 2015-011
This would be a good place to test.
Back to top Go down
NITM-T
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
NITM-T

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2015, 20:01

lol! lol! Thanks!!

I have used this emulator once, but it was with problems. Maybe it was the plugins.
I use ePSXe 1.7, 1.9, and TAS psxjinv2.0.2 This video was made in 1.7, but in the TAS emulator, I have not good results because it changes the save blocks and everything goes wrong. But I think it can serve other variations.

All right, let's go on this, I'll try these two points, but give me a base, you saved us two Save Points or only saved in one and put the other on the map? This was done in just a save block or more?
Back to top Go down
NITM-T
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
NITM-T

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Apr 2015, 00:56

Meet Death, almost:

Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Sem_ty14

Nightmare & Lisa, but he gets stuck there:

Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Sem_ty15

Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 312

Richter VS Richter, but he did not fight and you gets stuck there, too:

Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 412

Fight Death:

Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 112

Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 212

So, that's the Alucard Mode, but he can not defeat Dracula. He meet Maria in Central Clock, but the conversation does not happen, only the load of the room. This prevents him go through secret ways because she never goes out of there.

We can lend armor to Richter, I lent the Spike Breaker to him and then he can go through these parts with thorns. This is very cool!!

Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 313
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]    Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speedrun Any% Luck Mode (Save Corruption) [Replay]
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next