Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

http://sotn.heliohost.org/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help

Go down 
+2
deixadilson
Pale-Dim
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Empty
PostSubject: Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help   Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 08:44

This thread is for the newest findings for richter using infinity mode from alucard game and opening more rooms. so far no 100% method is found and many are having troubles doing it.

First method to get infinity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dmxreEueX0

2nd method. This one also shows how to get the heart counter to flicker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GyzYNouQus

Using these methods mikeelman has been able to get RSM on usa version and i have been able to use it to get RSM on japan version 4. but we cannot get them to activate again. also these do not open the right lake gate like others on this forum have been able to get to open.

if anyone can get some video's of how they get infinity to activate differently that gives RSM or removes the gate that would really be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
deixadilson
Amador 1
Amador 1

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help   Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 15:32

Hey pale dim
The gate have to be opened as Alucard when you activate the infinity glitch, then you soft reset and it will be open for Richter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deixadilson.com/sotn
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help   Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 19:18

The problem is that the infinity glitch resets the wall. this is where the issue lies. my guess is that certain factors in the technique cause different effects. one being RSM the other effecting that wall. no one has been able to get a definative method for either one. so its just up to testing and remembering exactly what was done that made each effect.
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help   Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 01:24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf_z4MaQ26A

100% Working method for RSM using alucards infinity tech. Posted more notes on WBW forum.

now need to work on the cave doorway
Back to top Go down
Maurício
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
Maurício

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help   Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 15:16

Pale Dim, congratulations for this video!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#Profile.aspx?uid=166850857918700939
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help   Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 15:23

Mauricio: can you give any tips for opening the gate in the right lake? you have seen my video's. what am i suppose to do to remove the gate for richter? is there something special to do like i had to do for RSM?
Back to top Go down
Maurício
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
Maurício

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help   Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 16:13

Pale Dim

If I knew what is happening, I would say you my friend!

But I really do not understand!
I looked your video,
you are doing so correctly, as I do.

But if I see something I notice you
for sure!

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help   Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 16:25

do you use the bat transformation disapear that causes RSM to trigger the gate in the right lake? or do you have to make the heart counter flicker for the lake door to open?
Back to top Go down
Maurício
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
Maurício

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help   Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 16:39

I do not need to use the transformation of bat.
Simply hold the soft reset after activating the glitch.

I do not understand what it is: heart counter flicker
Back to top Go down
kuraudo
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
kuraudo

Number of posts : 861
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help   Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 17:47

Pale-Dim,
man, i had tried in US version but my disc are very damaged and many times it stoped, then i made a video in JAP version, I don't record the infinite glitch cause i failed many times...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIopYAIrY7Y&feature=channel

as i said before i'm using that method to activate ifinite glitch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dmxreEueX0

the only thing i can think is it:
had you sure if infinite glitch is active? if the game slows down and the life max up don't apears maybe it don't work.
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help   Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 18:26

Here is the video that shows the heart flickers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GyzYNouQus

if you watch at 1:15 you will see the counter that shows the hearts "flicker" or flash. This helps to show infinity is active on console versions.

I will continue to try using your infinity method and see if that wall would be gone for me. Is your wall gone for alucard too?

couple questions. have you tried this with a richter file that has already been into those rooms? I noticed that your richter was only 10% and was never down there. I wonder if this may be whats happening. my richter is 202.2%

is there weird colors on your screen after you do infinity. I think someone here said that this only works if you get the weird colored blocks on your screen or does everything look normal?
Back to top Go down
kuraudo
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
kuraudo

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help   Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 18:44

ok, sorry to ask you... i don't knew about the hearts couter flash

with alucard had a long time that the wall is open, this time is the first time that i gone in that rooms. I check if is it open before i active the infinite glitch but don't saved the game... the other time that i made it i already have 202,3%.

no, is everything normal in my screen.
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help   Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 21:25

I have a feeling that both Kuraudo and maricio are playing on the console and not on an emulator. It seems that people on the console can get the gate open with just infinity but us on emulator cannot get it.

When i put my sotn disk in my ps3 and started testing this stuff i found some very odd findings.

I could not get infinity to work on ps3 system. the old method changing to wolf and landing on last frozen shade did not activate infinity (which it does not on any console I have been told) when i used the newer method to activate infinity the point where i would get the heart flicker the system would lock up and freeze.

my method listed on this thread does activate RSM and removes the gate from the right side lake. BUT CONSOLE ONLY!

The right gate has not been removing on emulator
Back to top Go down
dentynhometal2
Elite
Elite
dentynhometal2

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help   Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 10:17

I not to still know this technique, but go to try today

(the forum was very moving later that I gave one disappeared)
Back to top Go down
dentynhometal2
Elite
Elite
dentynhometal2

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help   Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 10:32

Pale-Dim wrote:
When i put my sotn disk in my ps3

I still use the PSX

vergonhoso mas tive que vender meu PS2
Back to top Go down
Maurício
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
Maurício

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help   Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 14:08

Pale Dim

I play on the console is.

My game is not necessary to activate the
hearts "flicker" or flash to open the gate with Richter.
The spots also appear not to be
are present.

I discovered this technique in a new game
I was playing, so it has only 10%.

In the weekend I can test the other
game with Richter, that I have approximately
197.5%.
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help   Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 14:51

exactly. it works just fine on console. its the emulator version that is having the issues.

the method i use to activate RSM and the gate is the same one where the bat disapears. I could not try the heart flicker on ps3 since its crashes when that activates. only when the hearts flicker does the game start to have the spots all around.

it would be interesting to see what method you use on console to activate infinity that does not use the heart flickers because the others i know that play on console cannot get infinity to work without the heart flickers.

I still have to check to see if using my method to activate RSM and removing the gate if infinity is in fact active or not.
Back to top Go down
Maurício
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
Maurício

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help   Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 14:55

Well ..

So I think the answer is simple:
The technique does not work in emulator!

Only in the console.
Back to top Go down
kuraudo
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
kuraudo

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help   Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 18:37

maybe is it...
are you right Dim I play in the console.
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help   Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 18:46

it seems that way. hopefully we can find a method to make it work on emulator. its weird that it does not work. really the emulator should be the same as the console. but i guess not 100% hehe
Back to top Go down
kuraudo
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
kuraudo

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help   Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 18:50

WHAT!
you already found it?
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help   Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 21:04

we have not found a method for emulator no. ive tried 3 different one and they all dont work. I may be console only. we have it all complete on console but not emulator
Back to top Go down
Maurício
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
Maurício

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help   Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 23:32

Pele Dim

My theory:

The soft reset of the emulator is more "strong" that the soft reset the console.
I mean: the emulator to be reset to eliminate completely the effects of infiniti glitch, then save the Richter is not modified.

But the soft reset of the console is not able
to eliminate the effects after loading another save,
then the effects of precedence bug with Richter.
Back to top Go down
dentynhometal2
Elite
Elite
dentynhometal2

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help   Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 10:11

Maurício wrote:
Pale Dim

I play on the console is.

My game is not necessary to activate the
hearts "flicker" or flash to open the gate with Richter.
The spots also appear not to be
are present.

I discovered this technique in a new game
I was playing, so it has only 10%.

In the weekend I can test the other
game with Richter, that I have approximately
197.5%.

I'm 198.3% with Richter with new room in IC KEEP
Back to top Go down
dentynhometal2
Elite
Elite
dentynhometal2

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help   Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 10:16

Pale-Dim wrote:
it seems that way. hopefully we can find a method to make it work on emulator. its weird that it does not work. really the emulator should be the same as the console. but i guess not 100% hehe

I do some test on console and all have 100% of correct
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help   Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM.  Need help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Infinity Mode Gives Richter more rooms +RSM. Need help
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next