Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

http://sotn.heliohost.org/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Strange stats on cd cover and game manual

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Strange stats on cd cover and game manual Empty
PostSubject: Strange stats on cd cover and game manual   Strange stats on cd cover and game manual Icon_minitimeSun 08 Nov 2015, 02:27

Lets start with US version back cover:

Strange stats on cd cover and game manual C3_zpsbfyzw9k9

Zoom in on top right picture:

Strange stats on cd cover and game manual C2_zpsgovytn1i

*1236 hearts! (the max value of hearts is about 400 on level 99)

US game manual:

Strange stats on cd cover and game manual C5_zpstql2o8o8

*1234 hearts.

Lets move to Saturn ver.:

Strange stats on cd cover and game manual C1_zpsbwburjda

Zoom in:

Strange stats on cd cover and game manual C4_zpsrhwd5yud

1234 hearts again

Game manual:

Strange stats on cd cover and game manual C6_zpspdhnpdos

*1234 hearts too

Game Manual (2) Now, the biggest hit!

Strange stats on cd cover and game manual C7_zpsxeu8eyib

Stats:

Rooms: 1 (so, alucard must be on the very first room close to the main gate on Entrance)

Time: 56 secs (its very hard to beat Dracula in less than 1 minute on saturn version, but it's possible. The problem here is that the time counter will still increasing on forest intro. When the gate closes and the game gives to you Alucard's control,  time elapsed is equal to dracula battle duration + forest intro duration. The forest duration is about 30 seconds. --> It's IMPOSSIBLE to kill Dracula in ~30 secs.

Hearts: 10 / 55. This is weird! How to spend hearts without having subweapons? (remember that Alucard is located on the first room and he starts without subweapons).

Last edited by paulo1179 on Sun 08 Nov 2015, 21:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://castlevania.darkbb.com
NITM-T
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
NITM-T

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2013-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Strange stats on cd cover and game manual   Strange stats on cd cover and game manual Icon_minitimeSun 08 Nov 2015, 03:27

Once, I said this in a trailer that Jack put here. I said it was GS, but he said that the programming they use. They forget to fix or something...
But, do the same thing twice? A in 1997 and the other 1998  Suspect
600 Hearts in LV 99? I've never did 500. My is 421 and I think it's glitched because have 5 more than deixadilson's theory.
I think it is the result of another save with Infinity Glitch. Check this out:

Strange stats on cd cover and game manual 511

The phrase: "This matter will replenish slowly," should have completed with: "When become stronger" or "Passing LVs".
Yeah, when Alucard arrives for us to control it, we have won a Room.
Time was modified or perhaps is an image made in the programming where Time does not pass as it is in Video Game.
One more thing, not only in the forest intro, in the scene of Dracula's death, the intro with subtitles, the load, all this is timed in the Saturn.
And it had to be a Save Replay to arrive at that time, because defeat Dracula in this version is difficult (as you said), but your video proves it's possible so, they had to cut the conversation.

One more thing about this pic

Strange stats on cd cover and game manual Sem_ty12

Like Hearts, Alucard have 102 HP, Twilght Cloak and I think this is Rebound Stone Sub-Weapon.
So, Skip Death or this player was already in the second castle? Because there's no way to take this sub-w. and this Cloak at the beggining.

Very curious that covers Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCnIn62GVeVaqfHHGBMNqkA
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Strange stats on cd cover and game manual   Strange stats on cd cover and game manual Icon_minitimeSun 08 Nov 2015, 10:40

Quando você sobe de level, os valores que o jogo te dá não são sempre iguais - por incrível que pareça, as vezes você ganha mais pontos de alguns quesitos , as vezes você ganha menos pontos desses mesmos quesitos (o jogo sorteia toda vez que dá level up). Em relação aos Hearts, veja que o Adilson tem 4918 de HP, o que significa que ele começou com 5 hearts a menos que você (ele terminou a batalha inicial em 1 minuto ou menos, começando com o jogo com valores diferentes dos que você começou, daí a diferença no final). Não é possível em um mesmo jogo você ter tudo no máximo. Ou você tem HP máximo, ou Hearts no máximo. Ele optou por HP.

O Adilson dava save-state antes de ganhar level e só avançava no jogo quando recebia os valores máximos que ele desejava. Ele não usou glitches nesse save, apenas save/load-states o tempo inteiro.

Boa observação em relação a sub-weapon! Provavelmente os caras liberaram tudo para fazer as fotos, assim ficaria mais fácil, haha

https://castlevania.darkbb.com
NITM-T
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
NITM-T

PostSubject: Re: Strange stats on cd cover and game manual   Strange stats on cd cover and game manual Icon_minitimeSun 08 Nov 2015, 22:22

Sim rapaz é mesmo "digo", não o fato do HP que no caso ele começou com 85 e eu fiz do modo pra ganhar o Heart Refresh e com isso o bônus no Hearts.
Na época, eu não conhecia vocês então, apenas manipulei os Stats pra ganhar 1 em cada não tinha o conhecimento sobre o MP por isso o meu é menor do que o dele. Só depois do conhecimento com vocês, eu tive acesso ao site dele e tal.

Eu tentei fazer isso no PS uma vez usando os Save Points, mas eu não consegui. É muito chato cara ganhar LVs com os atributos certos Mad
Verdade, que eu me lembre, o Adilson não era muito fã de Glitches ou talvez não pra si próprio, mas achei legal quando eu vi o vídeo dele do
Godly Alucard rs

Né isso. Acho que quando eles estão programando, fazem esse tipo de coisa tipo, um RPG por exemplo ia demorar muito só pra mostrar uma foto com um ataque legal que só tem como obtê-lo lá na frente no jogo rs
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

Number of posts : 1221
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Strange stats on cd cover and game manual   Strange stats on cd cover and game manual Icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2015, 12:42

I have noticed the 1234 hearts happens when you load a location with game shark from the start menu...
So when those pictures were taken, the programmers must have been doing some level testing using hacking/development software
probably jumping from area to area.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

Number of posts : 1221
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Strange stats on cd cover and game manual   Strange stats on cd cover and game manual Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2015, 09:51

Wow, yeah... I totally forgot about this video from jack.

So if you use this code 80073060 0000 during the loading screen it actually brings you to a black debug screen,
and then from there you use button inputs to select the level you want to go to...

There has to be a way to do this with out game shark... I will look into this scratch
Back to top Go down
NITM-T
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
NITM-T

PostSubject: Re: Strange stats on cd cover and game manual   Strange stats on cd cover and game manual Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2015, 21:21

Surely that's what they do. It would be nice to find these places without GS, like this:

Strange stats on cd cover and game manual Sem_ty13

I've tried several kinds of things, but did not work. Maybe I'm doing wrong or the wrong place, maybe you can find it too, Nathan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange stats on cd cover and game manual   Strange stats on cd cover and game manual Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strange stats on cd cover and game manual
Page 1 of 1