Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

http://sotn.heliohost.org/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula

Go down 
+2
pirate_sephiroth
nathan7878
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

Number of posts : 1221
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Empty
PostSubject: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 09:56

I have not seen any information on this topic or how to perform it anywhere on this forum or on the Internet...so I will start it right here.
For the past couple of years, I have seen clips on youtube.com that reference the Game Shark glitch called Holy Belmont Swordsman.

Clip 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODxj_wpe-H0&list=UUevg6iAqcjgXzHWZFixJ9_g&index=24
Clip 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htgbqd-z4eQ

I knew it was performed using the PSX character modifier code but I could not figure out where and when.
I tried messaging the creator of the videos...emufriendster...but he never responded.
I could not figure out how he created this glitch with Game Shark...because most of the time if you try and use the
character modifier code in game it will crash the game...but finally I figured it out.

It is actually really simple...all you have to do is start a new game as Richter and use the PSX character modifier code
during the loading screen and set it to  Alucard 3003C9A0 0000.

I even took it to the next level and made a code to correct Richter's colors 800733EE 014E
I call this mode...Ultimate Richter...since you pretty much have all Alucards weapons, magic and familiars.
This glitch can not be saved...if you do save in this mode the save file will be turned into a Alucard save file.

So here is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISXGlFMfgyE

cheers

Last edited by nathan7878 on Mon 05 Jan 2015, 10:21; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
pirate_sephiroth
Amador 2
Amador 2

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 11:05

wtf
Richter on crack...
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 11:10

lol! I would have to agree with you on that...it is some what of an abomination HAHAHA.
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Icon_minitimeThu 28 Feb 2013, 22:02

I was the first to do that. Razz Posted long time ago and someone recorded it without giving me the credits...

BUT i did not fixed the sprites like you did on the movie. It's nice! The red haired guy seens to be a glitch (mixing enemies sprites with richter/alucard).

https://castlevania.darkbb.com
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Icon_minitimeFri 01 Mar 2013, 14:58

I totally believe that you were the first to find this glitch...so credit goes to Paulo. cheers

I should have posted this topic along time ago...that way you could have told me how to perform it...
that would have saved me many hours. lol!

The thing that I really like about this glitch with the colors corrected....is that
you can clearly see Richter's spin kick....wish they had put that in the real game.
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 17:36

Nathan: Can you go throught a CDLR playing with the red haired guy?? Suspect

nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Icon_minitimeMon 04 Mar 2013, 11:43

I am almost certain that when doing my testing with the red hair guy, I went through a CDLR. Unfortunately,
my laptop with all my emulators just over heated and won't turn on, so I can't test it out Sad ...but this
video on YouTube by emufriendster shows him fighting Doppelganger Alucard https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LskUBzzlXjE
...so he probably passed through a CDLR to get there. While doing testing, I also learned that you can make the red hair guy
glitch work from a saved Richter file too...so you can basically get to any place in the castle.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Icon_minitimeThu 07 Mar 2013, 00:35

Finally got my laptop working...and you can 100% pass through a CDLR...
after a little work, I even got him into the debug room...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agy5XRShtKc
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Icon_minitimeThu 07 Mar 2013, 20:32

nathan7878 wrote:
Finally got my laptop working...and you can 100% pass through a CDLR...
after a little work, I even got him into the debug room...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agy5XRShtKc

Very Funny Razz

Try to kill the final Dracula with him!

nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Icon_minitimeFri 08 Mar 2013, 20:51

This Game Shark glitch would look way better if Richter did not look like he was having a seizure... Razz

Ultimate Richter vs Final Dracula https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7ay597goxM
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Icon_minitimeSat 09 Mar 2013, 21:13

nathan7878 wrote:
This Game Shark glitch would look way better if Richter did not look like he was having a seizure... Razz

Lol! Well done!

nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Icon_minitimeWed 01 May 2013, 18:26

nathan7878 wrote:
Ok, I had a idea on how to bring up the map on PSX in the Bloodlines Dracula Stage...and it WORKED affraid

I found out that you can bring or UGLY FRIEND jocolor , Ultimate Richter (the Red Hair Guy) into the Bloodlines Dracula Stage.

When you pull up your map you can see that you are in the same location as in the Sega Saturn version.

I now think that there could be a way to bring Alucard into the Bloodlines Dracula stage as well, since U-Richter is
pretty much Alucard.
Here is the video of how I did it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXQ9bVC5Baw

I will do more experimenting and see if I can get Alucard into the stage lol!
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Icon_minitimeWed 01 May 2013, 23:00

Great! Jack (forum member) told me that he did it playing with GS codes on Tactics. The position on the map is identical and I'm glad that you confirmed it!! There is a code that changes the Vert and/or Hor position. We can put it some rooms down and calculate where exactly it was!

nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Icon_minitimeThu 02 May 2013, 11:23

Pale-Dim wrote:
very nice! so its top left corner of viewable map. do you know if the map gets filled in if you try it with a game that is not fully mapped?

do we know how many rooms make up this area? with the remove walls code it seems you drop fairly far. is this area the same size as the regular castle keep? for instance is there anything to the left of dracula's room or above it? or does it end at that room?

maybe with a non full white map we can see how big the room is and produce a map that shows all the hidden rooms

nathan7878 wrote:
All very good questions Pale-dim...I will work on getting all that figured out today.

cyclops
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Icon_minitimeThu 02 May 2013, 14:30

Ok, so I started a new game so my map would not be completely whited out.
You can see that my map is a little glitched from switching form U-Richter to R-Richter.
PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula 1_bmp10

Before I teleport to the Bloodlines Dracula stage I have 121 rooms.
PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula 2_bmp10

For some reason after I teleport to the Bloodlines Dracula stage my map glitches out my progress while in the
normal castle. (But it will give it back to me when I teleport back to the normal castle.) Next, I turn on the No
Walls code and fill the entire Bloodlines Dracula stage as far as I can go. You can actually see where the Bloodlines
Dracula stage drops down just a little bit and gives me a little white space.
PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula 3_bmp10

After filling the entire Bloodlines Dracula stage I have 138 rooms, so the Bloodlines Dracula stage is 17 rooms big.
PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula 4_bmp10

Then I teleport back to the normal castle and you can see that my map is no longer glitched, and I still have the white space from the
Bloodlines Dracula stage.
PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula 5_bmp10

Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Icon_minitimeThu 02 May 2013, 18:47

ok so its a 4x4 block with dracula's room being the extra in the top left or can you drop below dracula's room? I am wondering how it actually looks since the map only shows it as a small white line instead of actual squares.
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: ^   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Icon_minitimeThu 02 May 2013, 20:28

The lines are the famous "half-rooms". Remember that there is a huge black strip on the top (and bottom) of the screen covering the map on psx ver. Maybe bug7139 has a code to remove it. Can you ask him??

nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Icon_minitimeThu 02 May 2013, 20:41

nathan7878 wrote:
After filling the entire Bloodlines Dracula stage I have 138 rooms, so the Bloodlines Dracula stage is 17 rooms big.
PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula 4_bmp10
Oops, I just remapped the Bloodlines Dracula stage again to see what the shape of it was, and I realize that I picked
up and extra room some how when I teleported the first time. Rolling Eyes

So the Bloodlines Dracula stage is 16 rooms big and the rooms are structured something very close to this...

------------------------Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy---
---------------------------Very Happy Very Happy---
---------------------Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy--
---------------------Very Happy-------------

Ok Paulo, I will try and contact bug7139 to see if he has a code like that.

Last edited by nathan7878 on Thu 02 May 2013, 20:56; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Icon_minitimeThu 02 May 2013, 20:50

oki so just half rooms. so most of these rooms are completely above the visual map. The half rooms are only the bottom of this area.

so this would make my map still correct and the co-ordinates for this room if 4x4 + 1 in upper left would be

X00/Y00 = Drac room
X01/Y01 to X01/Y04
X03/Y01 to X03/Y04 (visible as half rooms)

thats really neat that its actually on the map and would give rooms
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Icon_minitimeThu 02 May 2013, 20:55

we were posting at same time. oki now i am confused. I will have to see where that is on the map now. that's a different layout then i expected.

3 top ones are the rooms with the breakable vases,
2 below are the corridor above the secret stairs
10 below are the 5x2 section leading to dracula
the single one below is a mystery why its alone.

can you pinpoint if you can which rooms fill in as half rooms? is it the bottom row of 5 or just the single below it? I am trying to add this area to my maps to add to my site (world beyond walls)
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Icon_minitimeThu 02 May 2013, 21:13

---------------------Twisted Evil Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy--
---------------------albino -------------

Half Room albino
Dracula Fight Room Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Icon_minitimeThu 02 May 2013, 21:43

Do we know where the Final Ending Cinema Rooms are on the Map?

I hate Fleamen Evil or Very Mad

I want to be a CLOAKED KNIGHT!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Icon_minitimeThu 02 May 2013, 22:30

OK, Figured it out. Still fits my map. The half room would sit at X04/Y00 and everything else fits in. Lets see if we can get alucard in there and see if the HR's will open exterior rooms

would end up looking like this

bloodlines-map
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Icon_minitimeFri 03 May 2013, 01:05

Pale-Dim wrote:
The half room would sit at X04/Y00 and everything else fits in.

While still in the Bloodlines Dracula stage, I moved the half room to X35/Y00 and mapped the Bloodlines Dracula stage starting at that address.
PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula 3_bmp11

So this is wrong...
nathan7878 wrote:

Half Room albino
Dracula Fight Room Twisted Evil

It should be like this...
---------------------Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy---
------------------------Very Happy Very Happy---

Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Icon_minitimeFri 03 May 2013, 09:05

ok, Updated the map to reflect the change

updated Bloodlines map

I am very interested in that trick you have for moving the map down so you can see the rooms you opened. Is it possible to do that in regular castle keep? I would like to see if the 2 invisible rooms above the keep are where we believe they are. I am not sure if you are familiar with these 2 rooms that are above the "half rooms" Both richter and alucard can get them but we are not 100% (99.999999% Sure) they are exactly where they are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next