Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

http://sotn.heliohost.org/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula

Go down 
+2
pirate_sephiroth
nathan7878
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
jack.w
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
jack.w

Number of posts : 987
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 03 May 2013, 11:32

paulo1179 wrote:
Great! Jack (forum member) told me that he did it playing with GS codes on Tactics. The position on the map is identical and I'm glad that you confirmed it!! There is a code that changes the Vert and/or Hor position. We can put it some rooms down and calculate where exactly it was!

Realmente Paulo, só que, olhando as anotações que fiz na época, vi que tinha testado isso na primeira tática- Dracula (Final Stage Bloodline) então o que eu vi no mapa não foi a zona de tactics e sim a localização da fase Final Stage Bloodline.
As tactics acontecem de fato na zona onde os chefes se encontram.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

Number of posts : 1221
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 03 May 2013, 12:18

So, they are in the same place on the map...cool Jack cyclops
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 03 May 2013, 13:29

Pale-Dim wrote:

I am very interested in that trick you have for moving the map down so you can see the rooms you opened. Is it possible to do that in regular castle keep? I would like to see if the 2 invisible rooms above the keep are where we believe they are. I am not sure if you are familiar with these 2 rooms that are above the "half rooms" Both richter and alucard can get them but we are not 100% (99.999999% Sure) they are exactly where they are.

So these rooms right here...
PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 2_bmp12

Using a tech similar to this ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTe_yapC8Sk ) but in the regular castle keep, right?

As of right now it probably would not work, because there is to much switching of the screen.

To make a Skeleton or Copy of a location, you have to move the the original address to a new address, fill in the area you want, then move the new address back to the original address to switch the screen.

So that is where the problem would be Sad

But, You could find your X00 and Y00 addresses with Cheat Engine, like I do in this video 0:26-1:18 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nXHIik_g0I

So that way you would know your exact location at all times, then perform the Tech, and see what your X00 and Y00
change to during the tech. Wink

Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 03 May 2013, 17:41

Would it not be easier to use the code to move my cursor to the spot and check my room counts to see if they increased? that way just seems the more simple method if possible
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 03 May 2013, 18:47

Mmmmmmmm,

Do you mean just move the cursor to the 2 areas/spots we think the rooms are at scratch

If so, isn't the problem that we are not 100% sure that those are actually even the areas that are gained when the
tech is performed...like maybe the 2 rooms are in a different location but still close to the location where the tech is performed.

Is there a video of how to do the tech in the normal castle keep with Alucard or Richter?

Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 04 May 2013, 15:42

bug7139 said as of now he does not have a code to remove the blacks strips, but he will try and work on one.
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 04 May 2013, 22:18

Here is a link on this forum for how these rooms are done with richter.

https://castlevania.darkbb.com/t148p40-ativacao-do-rsm-qualquer-versao-very-easy

The wbw thread on these rooms (page 2 has pic of starting position)
http://worldbeyondwalls.yuku.com/topic/71/Richter-Another-New-Rooms

Video
http://www.execulink.com/~maggi/wbw/keepinvis.rar

The alucard method is similar just you use a double jump + 1 gravity jump to a directional mist(up+right). we assume both rooms are above the "half room" but its not 100% known because the rooms are off the map. The tech may need to be repeated a couple times due to the exact spot the mist needs to go into the pushline cannot be determined because its a completely black background with nothing to reference.

We would like to test this with jack's savefile because for some reason he has an extra room that we think may have been obtained somewhere out here while doing this tech. We would have to get jack or paulo involved in that though since i dont have access to that savefile and from last i heard from paulo they have yet to re-produce the additional room yet. I wonder if there would be a way to pull the actual map down to see those rooms.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 04 May 2013, 23:24

Ok, The first thing I would like to try is to make a Game Shark code to remove the Black Strips from the top and bottom
of the screen...I am pretty good at writing codes, so I will take a crack at it.
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 04 May 2013, 23:44

This code will do a lot for us! Can you find where nightmare is on the map??

https://castlevania.darkbb.com
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 05 May 2013, 00:03

I can probably find the nightmare,

Paulo, do you know what the code is to play with the map on the screen?

It would help big time...I saw it some where in the Portuguese section, I think?
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 05 May 2013, 00:08

Here is: 801379A4 XXXX.

Put 0007 as first try. Must work.

nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 05 May 2013, 00:12

Ok, awesome Wink
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 05 May 2013, 14:21

The Succubus Nightmare is located at X00/Y00, no rooms gained while in the Nightmare.

Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 05 May 2013, 16:43

Would that not be sharing a location with one of the rooms from bloodlines? The upper left room

not where i expected it to be. Expected it to be just to the right of where you load to her (there is a load spot there) hmm. can you check dracula's room to see if its located above shafts room. Should be above top center of the 3x3 room around shaft. Fairly certain its there since if you remove the walls you fall out of that room
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 05 May 2013, 16:58

I was thinking the same thing of about the Nightmare, How can it be at X00/Y00, isn't that where the Bloodlines Dracula Rooms is scratch
I will double check the Nightmare on other versions for PSX, and I will find Dracula's Room and the Final Ending Room.
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 05 May 2013, 22:16

Is pretty possible two areas placed in the same position (map)! Look at the third outer wall and how it covers an area on Rev Entrance.

nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 06 May 2013, 00:54

I think you are right paulo...

When you teleport to the Nightmare Stage on Sega Saturn you actually gain 2 rooms on the map at X00/Y00 and X00/Y01.
This is only if you teleport, if you enter the Nightmare Stage the normal way you will not gain these rooms.
PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 4_bmp14
Now keep in mind that on Sega Saturn there is no Black Strip blocking out X00-X04, like there is on PSX, so the full map on Sega Saturn
is visible.

When you teleport to the Bloodline Stage on Sega Saturn the top of the Stage is located at X00/Y00, X00/Y01 and X00/Y03...so
the Nightmare and Bloodline stage overlap. The Strange thing is when you are in the Bloodlines Stage you do not gain any rooms
on the map.

When I am in the Nightmare Stage on PSX the addresses I get are X00/Y00 and X00/Y01, but I do not gain any rooms, so this lead me to think that
the Stages overlap like they do on Sega Saturn.
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 06 May 2013, 19:21

"Teleport way" means using codes (GS)?

There is no problem about overlaping rooms. Maybe the ending room was placed at 0x0y too.

nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 07 May 2013, 11:23

Yeah, when I am saying Teleporting I am meaning using a library card with the Action Replay code.

I found the location of Dracula's Room and the Final Ending Rooms (multiple rooms in different locations), on both PSX and Sega Saturn.

Pale-Dim, do you have or can you make a inverted castle map on a X00-54, Y00-63 plot point map, like the regular castle plot point map?

When I am in the rooms in the inverted castle the address are given to me in X00-54, Y00-63 format,
not X73-X127, Reverse Y00-63.

I know the way you have you maps made is the right way, but for some reason it gives me the
address in that format and it is a headache trying to plot them on the X73-X127, Reverse Y00-63 map confused

If that would take you hours, then don't worry about it Wink
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 07 May 2013, 13:49

Took like 3 mins. hehe.

inverted map grid
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 07 May 2013, 16:44

Thanks so much buddy,

Could you make X00 going down be, X09 and down instead, with the same amount of lines?

For some weird reason that is how my X/Y are on the map while I am in the inverted castle, I just found out scratch
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 08 May 2013, 16:31

So, some very awesome news cheers bug7139 sent me this on Youtube.com

bug7139 wrote:
回覆:Castlevania SOTN Bloodlines Dracula Room Found on PSX
Hi ~~ nathan seveneightseveneight

I find a code about screen offset (up/down)

3003CB16 0080
3003CB17 0000 (down) / 3003CB17 0007 (up) (※ choose 1)
3003CB68 0000
3003CB69 0000

please try it ~~~

I tried it and it works great, so here is a picture of me in the actual Bloodline Dracula Room...
3003CB16 0080
3003CB17 0000
3003CB68 0000
3003CB69 0000
PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Untitl11
So as you can see it off sets/or moves the map down letting you see the area above the map that is normally
covered by the black strip. The only defects I have found are after about 6 or 7 seconds the map screen starts flashing, and also if
you enter then exit the status menu the game screen will glitch black making you unable to see the screen, so
make sure to save state before you check your position.

adding a 7 here...
3003CB16 0080
3003CB17 0007<-----
3003CB68 0000
3003CB69 0000

Will move the map up so any rooms gain at the bottom of the screen can be viewed,
and adding a 1 here...

3003CB16 0080
3003CB17 0001<-----
3003CB68 0000
3003CB69 0000

Will move move the map back to its normal position.

Last edited by nathan7878 on Wed 08 May 2013, 18:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jack.w
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
jack.w

Number of posts : 987
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 08 May 2013, 18:35

\õ/
Back to top Go down
paulo1179
Administrador
Administrador

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 08 May 2013, 22:02

Bug is amazing! Ask him about the code to move during the HR effect (He already has it) and the code to remove the on screen metters (mp, hp, hearts, subweapons - he already has it too)! I need both codes. Mad

Looking your pic I can see an empty space where the black stripes was. Emulator glitch? It displays the same area of saturn ver??

nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 08 May 2013, 22:43

I will ask him...
Everything from the red line down is the actual map, the area highlighted in yellow is not.
So this would show the same area as the Sega Saturn map. Wink
PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Untitl14

Pale-Dim wrote:
we assume both rooms are above the "half room" but its not 100% known because the rooms are off the map. The tech may need to be repeated a couple times due to the exact spot the mist needs to go into the pushline cannot be determined because its a completely black background with nothing to reference.

We would like to test this with jack's savefile because for some reason he has an extra room that we think may have been obtained somewhere out here while doing this tech. We would have to get jack or paulo involved in that though since i dont have access to that savefile and from last i heard from paulo they have yet to re-produce the additional room yet. I wonder if there would be a way to pull the actual map down to see those rooms.

Pualo, could you ask Jack to use the code on the save file that Pale-dim was talking about.
I know Google Translator sometimes does not work very well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula   PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PSX Game Shark Code/Alucard vs Bloodlines Dracula
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next