Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

http://sotn.heliohost.org/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Castlevania Requiem

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
malachi84

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2016-06-17

Castlevania Requiem Empty
PostSubject: Castlevania Requiem   Castlevania Requiem Icon_minitimeSat 27 Oct 2018, 13:29

Hello everyone, how are you guys doing ??

So, with the release of castlevania requiem i was curious about what version of the game was going to be ported, since sony developed the game
and included rondo of blood aswell, i thought that there just gonna port the dracula x chronicles version without the remake, and they did Lol

And from the footage that i have seen, it is the Pal version of the game, now, with this being said, it seems that they didn't even bother to change some of the flaws the game had, most notably the ablitity to set Mist to a single button, you still have to hold L plus R to be in mist form and for glitching is super annoying.

After playing the psp version a lot back in 2016 and making videos and stuff, i have compiled all tricks that would work on psp, with this release then, it seems that there are goin to be glitches exclusive to the Us and Korean versions of Dracula X Chronicles(These are the same but with a different serial number)

For anyone wondering, Pal and Japanese version are the same, except for the fact that Pal has the infinite wingsmash, weird huh ??

Here is a list of Glitches that do not work on Pal, wich means that they will not work on Ps4, the remaining glitches may work on Ps4 unless they were fixed.

Name Glitch fixed in Pal and Ps4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEtxTGJi-aw

Alucard Name Glitch Rooms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80QrCwlNnDQ

Maria and Richter Name Glitch Rooms:

Rooms Under Staircase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWuwRS5B4Dg&index=4

Catacombs Rooms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJNmyqvf32g&index=5

Outside Royal Chapel Room

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlVQev2lDco&index=8

Inverted Chapel Staircase rooms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sedrm1Rp8k4

Reverse Underground Garden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMkaerr3XCQ

Here is the glitch map comparison, the us version has more rooms than pal and japanese, though im missing the reverse underground garden and the regular castle clock tower rooms that thiagin has, but that's a topic for another day.

Richter and Maria Maps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t70reSLb3s0
Back to top Go down
NITM-T
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
NITM-T

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2013-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Requiem   Castlevania Requiem Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2018, 01:08

So, they only released EUR version? That's why Long Wing Smash is working (we were talking about it on chat Portuguese thread).
Anyway, now that you said that about L and R, I'm wondering... I've never play on PS3 or PS4 before, but my friends here from my city, said me that we can use the PSP and PSVita to play with PS3 and PS4. So, PSP doesn't has L2 neither R2. That wouldn't happen to be the fact for that?
I mean, of course they'd do something about it, but I believe now that, since is only a port, I believe they just did it because people were asking for it since PS4 doesn't has a version like PS3 and X360. They really didn't bother with that, as you said.

Kuraudo, our friend from here, also said that the screen is ungly because PSP has a small one. So, they didn't give a shit for that either, I'd say, heh.
I was waiting for that happen, but they'd did something better... Is X360 version exclusive? They'd put that one for PS4, as well. People really likes to play it.

With the EUR version only, my Name Glitch cannot be use it Sad Isn't possible to do glitched runs on it. Too bad... But, we still can count on thiaguin's Save Shift Line, Maria's Dash Trick (don't know if he put a name for it) and that variation from Infinite Glitch Cool As you said.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCnIn62GVeVaqfHHGBMNqkA
malachi84

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Requiem   Castlevania Requiem Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2018, 21:31

NITM-T wrote:
So, they only released EUR version? That's why Long Wing Smash is working (we were talking about it on chat Portuguese thread).
Anyway, now that you said that about L and R, I'm wondering... I've never play on PS3 or PS4 before, but my friends here from my city, said me that we can use the PSP and PSVita to play with PS3 and PS4. So, PSP doesn't has L2 neither R2. That wouldn't happen to be the fact for that?
I mean, of course they'd do something about it, but I believe now that, since is only a port, I believe they just did it because people were asking for it since PS4 doesn't has a version like PS3 and X360. They really didn't bother with that, as you said.

Kuraudo, our friend from here, also said that the screen is ungly because PSP has a small one. So, they didn't give a shit for that either, I'd say, heh.
I was waiting for that happen, but they'd did something better... Is X360 version exclusive? They'd put that one for PS4, as well. People really likes to play it.

With the EUR version only, my Name Glitch cannot be use it Sad Isn't possible to do glitched runs on it. Too bad... But, we still can count on thiaguin's Save Shift Line, Maria's Dash Trick (don't know if he put a name for it) and that variation from Infinite Glitch  Cool  As you said.

I think remoteplay might be a factor, but i still think they could have changed some things, like
adding the ps1 sound effects, increasing the resolution and changing the color pallette back to how it was on ps1.

The ps3 version is just emulation and the 360 port is now on xbox one, the 360 is weird because the only thing that
lacks is the third outerwall and the infinity glitch, but everything else is intact from the ps1 version, also no loading
times.

You are right, at least there are a lot of glitches that still work, but to be honest, since it is the same as the psp version
then there is no real motivation to play it, i may try it since i want to get a ps4, but it seems that if you play the
dracula x chronicles port on emulator you get the same experience.
Back to top Go down
NITM-T
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
NITM-T

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Requiem   Castlevania Requiem Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018, 02:36

Yeah, indeed. That'd be better.

Yep, PS3 is just emulation (I forgot to add this), but it seems it has some curiosities on it. Nathan7878 already brought some good stuff for us!

Really? Man, I know that PSP version has something there below when we try to go to the 3rd Outer Wall, but still there. The SSL also help in this case. But I didn't know that wasn't available on X360 or maybe, I just forget it, hahaha.
That one too, huh? romscout did this in 2014:

There's no description about it, but a player on comments said this:
"It's a programming error in the XBLA version that comes from them using the Japanese 1.0 release as the base and then fixing some of the bugs that occurred in that version, I believe.  The toad's hitbox moves around independently of the toad. The same thing happens with the Rock Knights in the reverse castle."

So, the JAP version for XBLA is also based on JAP 1.0 from PS? (this is other Console that I've never played, either).
It was released before that PSP one, so I thought only PSP has that version besides PS.
What I wanted to know is, this is only an error? I believed that was something from IG back then.
And yeah, I also forgot this. The thing that people most like to play that version, it's because there're no loading times.
There's also that glitch on elevator in Outer Wall. That one is exclusive, indeed.

Sure thing. People were waiting for something new or at least, the old good SotN from PS. But when I was told that would be those 2 games... Well, it happened what I was thinking, heh.
Or course, I must say that, I still had some hope even seeing the trailer that showed the original games. I thought, "They're messing with us. The real thing will show up, yet". Nope, hahahahaha.
Back to top Go down
malachi84

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Requiem   Castlevania Requiem Icon_minitimeWed 07 Nov 2018, 15:19

I have a ps3 Super slim, i tried the infinity glitch and it did not work, so the ps3 emulation is the same as epsxe or any other pc emulator.

I also have an xbox 360 with an rgh modchip, after testing sotn i can confirm that the japanese version is not based of 1.0, all of the glitches that
work on the Us version work on the Xbla port, except for the third outerwall and infinity glitch, everything else still works.

That toad glitch ??, i really don't know about it, from what i played the xbla is really close to ps1 us version, also the elevetor glitch doesnt really have much potential, it just glitches out a bit, i thought back then that you could totaly teleport outside the map or something lul

Video of the xbla jap version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFQmVLHBwto

On the Xbla Us version (Konami Classics) that i played back in 2010 it teleported towards the entrance of the inverted outerwall from inverted marble galery

One thing that i have to point out is the undeground carvens gate that opens after activating the infinity glitch on console, it works
on console only BUT it worked on my psp (ps1 emulation) and ps2 (popstarter) and since the vita ps1 emulator is based of the one on psp then
it should work there aswell, regular emulators don't seem to allow this glitch to work, wich means that those two emulators allow for
a console exclusive glitch.

Underground Caverns glitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyHS-RDiO8M

One thing to note is that Popstarter for ps2 seems like a beta of the ps1 emulator for psp, it was found on an old demo and reworked for the Ps2 Homebrew Scene, i tried lots of games on there and a lot of them worked, it seems that after this they decided to port it to the psp so they could sell ps1 games on it, i works great and i have beaten lots of ps1 games on it, the ps2 version however is not as good, specialy for sotn, i beat sotn on it but when glitching it froze a lot and it softlocked often, so i would not recommend it for glitching.

Sotn on Popstarter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRPxFMVb5tQ

BTW i was also Tricked !! I saw that trailer for requiem in late september and i thought that it was going to be the Ps1 Version Lul how wrong was i, it was to be expected, but the thing is that i still enjoy the remake, its probably one of the best remakes out there, specialy the music, if they just kept the remixed music of Round of blood as an option in game it would have been amazing, but they didn't Sad
Back to top Go down
NITM-T
Veterano 3
Veterano 3
NITM-T

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Requiem   Castlevania Requiem Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2018, 01:47

I see. This game has lots of mysteries for both Consoles and emulators for each version, indeed. That's why I love it lol!

Also, I saw you video before about the IG combined with RSP. It's pretty interesting the fact that, this POPStarter emulator do that. While my PS2 was working, I was using it, too. So, I notice something that doesn't happen on emulators:

Richter takes Lightining elemental damage from Wargs and Zombies (Zombies are random), but, I couldn't test on a real PS 'cause my own came to end, too.
This one happened on SSF emulator:

Castlevania Requiem Untitl10

Richter takes Fire elemental damage besides Dark one from Schmoo. But, I couldn't test on POPStarter to see if it happens on PS version and I don't have a Saturn.
I've to purchase a better computer to, at least, do those tests on emulators with all enemies on both PS and Saturn versions.

Yeah, I thought we'd do something else with that glitch on elevator, as well. But that thing you did in order to go to the 3rd Outer Wall, was funny, hahaha. I mean, I thought nothing would happen like Saturn version. But, have you tried the alt way on X360? I mean, this "alt way" thing it's just something that I call, but means nothing. Work on PS 'cause the thing already work for it. It's to go down from that room full of Dark Octopus with Sink Tech.
Doesn't woked for Saturn, but since this version and that Konami Classics you talked about has something else, maybe could be a possibility, I guess. I mean, this glitch is something that we can only do it from below the room, then thanks to SSL on PSP versions, we can do it from above. So, this "alt way" we also come from above, but from other room.

Another thing about exclusivity, it's a Bug that happens in Reverse Entrance on NitM 1.0. But, bug7139 told me that only happens on emulators:

So, those native emulators on PSP and PSVita and that POPStarter are like the real thing, indeed. A few Save Glitch variations doesn't work well on PS, then, I tested on POPStarter and the results were the same. That's interesting for me!

Hahaha, yeah. Well, at least, it's better than nothing. I mean, it's not my place to say this, but for those that wanted to play it with their PS4, I think it worth.
Back to top Go down
nathan7878
Elite
Elite
nathan7878

Number of posts : 1221
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Requiem   Castlevania Requiem Icon_minitimeWed 24 Apr 2019, 03:51

damn i love you guys .... we the best in the world , my team cheers

too late to read all your info but i am working too... i test jap version already .... now testing english version..
finding all the stuff....  and pal next if need be

i am finding total control point ... just some testing

Edit: hmmmm? Okay, so If am in the usa and download the castlevania requim on ps4, what version of the psp game is it based on? Usa or pals? I am a bit confused.

And if it is pals, what is the games roms/game ID number... need to make sure I download the right game for testing.

Back to top Go down
malachi84

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Requiem   Castlevania Requiem Icon_minitimeWed 01 May 2019, 22:22

The serial number for the pal version of Dracula X Chronicles is ULES00841, i downloaded it from RomHustler.net.

The pal version had like 5 languages available including english, depending of the language you had your psp set in, it would change it, so i guess that's the reason they went with that, why bother with the us version if the pal version has english, spanish, italian, german and french i think.

So yeah, the name glitch does not work on ps4, it only works on the Us dracula x chronicles version on psp, the korean version is just the us version with a different serial number (it has the name glitch), pal and japanese do not have it and are the ones used for requiem on ps4.
Back to top Go down
Pale-Dim
Amador 3
Amador 3

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Requiem   Castlevania Requiem Icon_minitimeThu 02 May 2019, 09:18

There may be a way to get another room for maria. below the IC confession room. I don't have this version of the game to test it but its worth looking into. It would be based upon the original method to obtain this room with Alucard. I will describe it as Alucard then my idea with maria.

From outside the chapel on the (sword brothers glitch hallway) if you stand on the white hallway you can use mist and inch up towards the top of the screen. The glue that binds the 2 screens at the top is weak and you can use mist to be just high enough to squeeze above the left wall and go to the top of the confession room. if you fall down the far left side of the outside of the confession room you can fall past the spot you would fall into the room.

This is the same sort of thing richter uses to get out of the IC keep at the secret stairs.

so with maria would it be possible to use the high jump (bird fly thingy) to get close to the ceiling and dash left and get over this wall? I am not sure there is even room to do this but I remember that when I originally did this for Alucard I wasn't near the wall when I positioned myself as much in the ceiling as possible as alucard then moved left and over the wall.

Damn its been almost 20 years since i found this. (feels old....)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Requiem   Castlevania Requiem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Castlevania Requiem
Page 1 of 1